Player negotiations

In my current game, I'm playing Dorchester in Blue Square South, just got promoted to Blue Square Premier.

So now I'm trying to sign players on free, but they keep on asking for ridiculously high wages (for a low division club).

The thing is, when other clubs with lower reputation offers them a contract with a lower wage, they will accept that offer instead of mine.

Recently I tried to sign 2 players:

The first player was asking for a full time contract worth 450 per week wages, 45 app fees, 10% rise, until 2011, status: first team

I offered a part time contract worth 350 per week wages + 45 app fees, 10% yearly wage rise, until 2011, status : key player

The second player was asking for a full time contract worth 575 per week, 60 app 30 goal, 10% rise, until 2011, status: first team

I offered a part time contract worth 300 per week wages + 60 app and 30 goal, 10% yearly wage rise, until 2011, status: key player

In the end, they rejected my offer and joined another club istead.

The first player accepted contract offer from Heybridge which isnt even a conference club, with an obscure reputation.

The contract: Part time, 250 per week with 25 app fees until 2011. Status: key player

The second player acccepted contract offer from Burscough who finished 19th in Blue Square North last season with obscure reputation.

The contract: Part time, 170 per week with 15 app and 10 goal fees until 2011. Status: Key player

My club has higher reputation (local) and we were just promoted. I offered higher wages, appearance fees, goal bonuses, yet they still join lower reputation club in a lower division.

Why is this happening? Is it because my club is a proffesional club, while the others are semi-pro? Or because they were expecting a full time contract but I only offered part time? But they accepted part time contracts from the other clubs with lower wages.

Anyone with any good explanation?

i think its probably why theyre rejecting you tbh. im surprised you can even offer a p/t contract if your club is f/t. i think they do generally accept lower wages, but i still think there are far more benefits to having them on f/t than p/t, especially with f/t staff...

On my QPR save, second season - I'm 4 points clear of the drop zone in the January transfer window, while WBA is rock-bottom with 7 points from 19 games.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's contract at Celtic is expiring in 6 months so I decided to offer him a contract. WBA did too.

He asked for £45k a week and I offered him as much as I could - £37k a week with his match & goal bonuses significantly higher than what he was demanding. Needless to say, he joined WBA on a £25k per week contract.

Another gaff is, PSV, who are amongst his favoured clubs, offered him a contract too (Being title contenders in Holland I presume they can offer him more money and better football) and he firmly rejected them, opting for WBA. It's really frustrating sometimes...

On my QPR save, second season - I'm 4 points clear of the drop zone in the January transfer window, while WBA is rock-bottom with 7 points from 19 games.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's contract at Celtic is expiring in 6 months so I decided to offer him a contract. WBA did too.

He asked for £45k a week and I offered him as much as I could - £37k a week with his match & goal bonuses significantly higher than what he was demanding. Needless to say, he joined WBA on a £25k per week contract.

Another gaff is, PSV, who are amongst his favoured clubs, offered him a contract too (Being title contenders in Holland I presume they can offer him more money and better football) and he firmly rejected them, opting for WBA. It's really frustrating sometimes...

Things like this I dont mind though....The game would be way to repetitive if everyone joined their favourite clubs given how many they accumulate over their careers.....In my eyes, Hesselink loves Britain that much he wants to stay :D And loves Birmingham more than London:D

Archived