"Leading Star for...."

Hi all,

I was just wondering the CA's of the stars for each league, starting from Blue Square N/S up to the Championship (it's pretty clear for the prem!) were. Does anyone have a list or something like that?

I ask because I'm considering starting a new game as an unemployed manager and I want to know what sort of players I'm looking for. I hate signing players that look good but aren't stars of the division because the rest of their stats aren't good enough - what I mean is signing a CB who has, say, 18 tackling and heading but still isn't a star of the division for league two because the rest of their stats (the ones unimportant, like flair and finishing) don't make up the CA tally.

Incidentally, I personally think that those extra points of CA which make a player a leading star (even if they're irrelevant for their role) really do make them a much better player (possibly because it makes them more rounded?) but if I'm wrong then I'm willing to learn about that too! :)

~ AVARiCE

Now, this is no official guide, but they are the CA's of my farsley players for each of the divisions up to the prem during each promotion season, hope it helps:

Blue Square North: CA 70+

Blue Square Prem: CA 75+

League 2 : CA 90+

League 1 : CA 100s

Championship: CA c. 120's

Premiership: CA high 160s can probably do well but I always aimed for 170s

Hi AVARiCE. Welcome to the forums.

I can't help you for the list side of things, but I can recommend a few players from League 2. Barnet have a few players that should be looked at. Adomah has a decent dribbling and flair stat for his position - and at that level it can be crucial. My personal nickname for him is 'Queen of the Bees' - his footwork is so light on the ball its like a woman's, and of course he plays for the Bees.

Other decent plays off the top of my head - can't check the actual CA's atm, sorry - are John O'flynn, Jason Puncheon and Steve Morisson.

You call them unimportant but then admit they make him a star... need to make up your mind :p

I have! In an ideal world they should be unimportant, and in many respects they are, but I think that the game engine deems them important. I'm saying I don't find them important but the game does (?).

Now, this is no official guide, but they are the CA's of my farsley players for each of the divisions up to the prem during each promotion season, hope it helps:

Blue Square North: CA 70+

Blue Square Prem: CA 75+

League 2 : CA 90+

League 1 : CA 100s

Championship: CA c. 120's

Premiership: CA high 160s can probably do well but I always aimed for 170s

Thanks, this is exactly what I want. Can I just ask if these are for the "leading stars" of the division though?

~ AVARiCE

I have! In an ideal world they should be unimportant, and in many respects they are, but I think that the game engine deems them important. I'm saying I don't find them important but the game does (?).

Thanks, this is exactly what I want. Can I just ask if these are for the "leading stars" of the division though?

~ AVARiCE

As far as I can remember they were rated by my ass man as leading stars, but that will obviously change depending on the difference in ability between your ass man and mine. Best I can say is with players rated at that CA, my side won promotion or the league easily.

Archived