For You Australians

Where will you all be buying the gream game in late October ?

I have just pre-oredered it from Games Warehouse which is selling for $79.99 with a release date of 29th October

Also $6.00 for postage and handling, I am paying via direct deposit when the game is ready to be shipped.

EB Games has it for $99.99 also with a release date of 29th October

So even with the extra $6, it is still cheaper at Games Warehouse by $14.00 Better in my pocket than anyone elses !

:thup:

im getting it off steam as soon as its released, dam pricey though for a download :( - no box,manual etc

Er, you do get the manual, just not in paper form. Right click on the game after install and select "view player manual". Ok, so you may have to be online initially to read it... but you can always print it off or save it to your harddrive if you don't want to go online everytime you view it.

I'll go down to EB games and buy it in person...

Never trusted the idea of delivery on release day as it may not be sent out until released.

I'm not even going to rush in and get it...

If EB Games sell out I'll walk about 20m to check @ Game.

I could get it off steam but I'd prefer the boxed edition.

I don't think we get ripped off for prices...

Back in NZ, we'd pay more than here in Australia.

Mind you, I'm the type of guy who'd rather buy it then & there rather than look for somewhere cheaper...

Er, you do get the manual, just not in paper form. Right click on the game after install and select "view player manual". Ok, so you may have to be online initially to read it... but you can always print it off or save it to your harddrive if you don't want to go online everytime you view it.

im saying it costs as much as one bought in the store, you think it would be cheaper if you didnt have to pay for the packaging,delivery,store fees,printed manual,disc etc

i dont want to wait unknown length of time to order a 2nd hand copy + delivery time from ebay

Wow ye really pay over the top according to the latest exchange rate ye paying 41 pounds GB. An extra 30 something percent...but its still gonna be worth it for at least a year of gaming, unlike some games such as assassins creed which you can clear in about a day if you play in casually...

I'll go down to EB games and buy it in person...

Never trusted the idea of delivery on release day as it may not be sent out until released.

I'm not even going to rush in and get it...

If EB Games sell out I'll walk about 20m to check @ Game.

I could get it off steam but I'd prefer the boxed edition.

I don't think we get ripped off for prices...

Back in NZ, we'd pay more than here in Australia.

Mind you, I'm the type of guy who'd rather buy it then & there rather than look for somewhere cheaper...

Ah the eb games i go to has a game very close to it!

ill get it from EB on release day

What? That's the normal price everywhere in Europe.

RRP in the Uk for Football Manager 2010 is £39.99 but play and amazon etc have it for £29.99.

So £30 is 34 Euros just now.

Last year I got FM09 for £25 on release arrived on time and everything.

We can't buy on these sites in pounds. And if you put it in euros, the prices are higher. Play.com is EUR 38.99 (£34.33).

Last time I bought a game there it took about 2 weeks to get here too. Apparently they get send all the way from Budapest.

• 2 weeks later...
Disappointing, as I managed to score FM2009 from cdwow.com.au last year for $55.95 including postage, and FM2010 doesn't seem to be available through them this time. Arrived the day after release in the UK as well, so bit of a shame.

Just checked cdwow.com.au again, and they're selling it for A$60.95 including postage (presumably to Australian addresses only), with the stated release date as 30 October, so I think I'll be ordering through them again. FWIW, Games Warehouse has it for A$79.95 with the stated release date being 29 October.

Just checked cdwow.com.au again, and they're selling it for A$60.95 including postage (presumably to Australian addresses only), with the stated release date as 30 October, so I think I'll be ordering through them again. FWIW, Games Warehouse has it for A$79.95 with the stated release date being 29 October.

cdwow.com.au is the cheapest here is it online shop?....a$ 100 at eb games and 90 bucks at gameswarehouse

There's a JB Hi-Fi, Big W, Game and EB within spitting distance of each other in Woden in Canberra.

I'll probably stroll around all 4 to see which one is the cheapest, buy it, and then pick up a kebab from Ali Baba on the way to my car.

Not sure I trust Australia Post to deliver it on time.

I got it from CDWOW last year and will be again this year.

Quick and easy and friendly, and REALLY cheap, what more could you want?

It comes out in the middle of the HSC yet again, going to be a lot of angry little tikes.

I did the HSC last year and the initial release date was OCtober 30th which was the day of my last exam, i was so excited i had a plan to finish my last exam, leave school and go down to the nearest shopping centre buy the game and go home. Unfortunately they pushed the release back to November 14th, which was 2 days before my birthday so at least i got it as a present and didn't have to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived