How fast is my computer?

I am interested in finding out something. I have always wondered how many leagues I could run and how fast/slow the game would be. So, i would like as many people as possible to try this, as i am sure you too wonder how good your computer is. here is what to do.

Load up a new Game

Put in the English Premier League,Spainish La Liga and the best division in Brazil.

Use a medium database with no additional nations.

Time how long it takes for the add manager scene to appear.

I understand that not all people will be bothered to do this.But anyway I'm timing off my phone stopwatch now.

I am interested in finding out something. I have always wondered how many leagues I could run and how fast/slow the game would be. So, i would like as many people as possible to try this, as i am sure you too wonder how good your computer is. here is what to do.

Load up a new Game

Put in the English Premier League,Spainish La Liga and the best division in Brazil.

Use a medium database with no additional nations.

Time how long it takes for the add manager scene to appear.

I understand that not all people will be bothered to do this.But anyway I'm timing off my phone stopwatch now.

My time....1 min 42 seconds.

I can see this being shredded to pieces very quickly.But i hope this won't be the slowest.

And a quick quetion.Will the time taken to process as the season's go on and on stay the same,or continue to separate from quicker computers.

There's a lot of threads on this same topic (how many leagues/what leagues will my puter run) on the front page alone of late.

Perhaps it's time for one of two things:

1. SI to go back to saying how many leagues you can run with your system in the manual or to have some sort of guide/assessment of your computers potential when loading a game.

or,

2. For people to use previously open threads to continue the subject. This one especially would fit nicely on the end of one of the previous threads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poolman321:

My time....1 min 42 seconds.

I can see this being shredded to pieces very quickly.But i hope this won't be the slowest.

And a quick quetion.Will the time taken to process as the season's go on and on stay the same,or continue to separate from quicker computers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A better test might be to add a manager then go on holiday for 1-2 months and time how long it takes to process.

That's what I normally use when working out the best setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poolman321:

I'm sorry. I wasn't even sure what thread to post this in. i will post my query elsewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I feel bad. Most posters get aggressive when I get sarcastic, you seem genuinely sorry.

It is a valid question in order to help people understand how many leagues they can run, it's just nice to keep these things in the same place. The more cluttered this forum gets then the harder it is to find specific answers to questions you may have.

It would also be necessary for people to post more details when they post their times.

1. The time is needed,

and,

2. People need to list their computer specs, specifically their processor and RAM.

This will give people something to compare to.

You will also get contrasting times based on whether people are running other programs in the background and what it is they are running in the background.

There used to be a brief guide to how many leagues you could run with what specs in the manual back in the early noughties.

Archived