Possible (small) idea for future versions

I don't think you can do this on the current version, but forgive me if I'm wrong

As a Liverpool supporter, I am quite interested in the reserve set up at the club and like to keep an eye on the youngsters to see how they are looking to develop.

I was watching a bit of the reserve game against Blackburn last night and noticed that Kyrgiakos, our new signing, was starting, but Rafa had told our reserve manager McMahon to only give him 45 minutes, and then to replace him with Martin Kelly, who has appeared on the bench for us this season and will be looking perhaps to break in to the first team this season.

This is, I guess, so that they can get an eye for both players, give Kyrgiakos a bit of experience but also to serve as a bit of a comparison to see which of the two players appears to have the most to give.

My point is, wouldn't it be quite a nice new addition if we could give a few instructions to the reserve team manager, telling him which players you want to feature, for how long and etc. This would mean that you could track the progress of a young new signing, or perhaps a player you think capable of breaking into the first team squad shortly. Then you could perhaps have a short report back from your reserve team manager to tell you how it all went, similar to what has already been implemented, but that could also concentrate on your pre-match instructions and how that all worked out.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Again, I apologise if this is in the game already, but I don't think it is and I thought it was worth a mention, as I do feel the manager's relation to the reserves/youth sides could be improved.

Not a bad idea.

It could probably be implemented as an additional option when you are choosing players from your first team squad to feature in the reserves. That way if you weren't interested in anyone then you could just make them available for reserves or if there were players you were interested in there could be an instructions option and within this a checkbox for feedback.

Surely the effort you'd put in to telling reserve team manager everything, you could of managed the game yourself.

I do this, i'd prefer to manage it myself when ive got a big squad. That way if someone impresses for 70 mins, I can drag them off and save some energy for first team game.

Maybe it could be implemented as an additional option for controlling reserve teams. As Fraz says, at the moment you either control the reservers or you give the job to assistant, what if there was another option to have semi control over reserves so you pick team (and maybe tactics) but the ass manager takes control of the match itself.

Archived