Building a new rig for FM10, SI please reply, would be great

Hi SI, thank you for providing these forums about the game we love, I absolutely enjoyed all of them except FM09 because my PC was too slow to run it properly = (

THATS WHY!!11 I'm building a new rig for FM 2010, and I have a few questions regarding performance, I would be extremely thankful if you could answer them because I'm building this rig specifically for FM2010.

Money is not an issue really, but I'm cost considerate at the same time, however optimal solution for maximum speed of gameplay goes ahead of any costs if the difference is worth it.

Processor

i) Would you recommend a Intel or AMD processor?

ii) Would you recommend a Dual core or Quad core?

RAM Memory

i) If one imagines a curve on a graph, with "Performance" on the Y-axis, and "Total amount of memory" on the X-axis, around what amount of total memory would the curve flatten out? (i.e at what amount of memory will an extra unit of memory not add additional performance).

ii) DDR2 or DDR3?

Graphics

i) Will a low end card such as the Radeon HD4650 or the Nvidia GT9500 be sufficent to run the 3D-match engine smoothly, or is the old principe "more is better" applicable here?

HDD

i) Will the speed of the HDD affect gameplay, i.e 7200 RPM or 10 000 RPM? (There is a huuuuuuge difference in cost here, so I would love a straight answer!)

The current rig I have put togheter looks like this

3,3 ghz - Intel Core 2 Duo extreme

8 GB of RAM memory - Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC2-8500

512 MB video memory - ATI Radeon 4650

HDD - WD VelociRaptor® 10 000RPM

Thank you in advance,

/Matty

That current rig is more then enough mate

i have intel qaud core 2.40ghz Q6600 4gb ram and i can play fm09 with about 20 leagues running large database easy and smoothly fm10 will probley be around same specs give or take abit

Can someone please point me in the right direction to find the recommended (as opposed to minimum) system requirements I should be looking at?

Thanks.

The system specs for FM2010 haven't been released yet and probably won't be until about the same time as the demo I think which is normally a few weeks before the release of the game which will be on 30th October.

As for the current game the system requirements are:-

Mac

Intel OSX 10.5.5 processor

NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 or ATI Radeon 1600

1GB System Ram

PC

Windows XP or Vista

2GHZ Processor for Vista

1.4GHZ Processor for XP

1GB RAM(Vista)

512MB RAM(XP)

128MB NVIDIA 5900 ultra\ATI RADEON 9800\INTEL 82915G or 82910GL or greater graphics card

If you have a system similar or preferably a bit better then I'll stick my neck out and say that FM2010 should be fine.

I dont think specs requirements will change a lot this year. Last year it was 3D which was a major change but this time 3D changes are not fundemental but only visual improvements. Therefore I assume anyone who can run FM09 fine will have no need to upgrade for FM10.

Archived