A Guide To Foreign League & Competition Rules

I may be wrong, but I think it was CM3, that came with a nice little wall chart that contained a guide to every league and competition rules in the game.

Considering that for FM 2010 we can create new leagues and their competitions, I was hoping that SI could provide this for us.

Since all FM gamers want this game to be as close to reality as possible, I think this would be essential to setting up new leagues and their rules and competitions etc.

I realise we can get this information on the Internet as well, but it may not be up-to-date.

And since SI require this information for scripting the game, they will have it in their possession.

I am therefore asking SI if they would kindly provide this for us, even if it requires me to part with some money.

It doesn't have to be part of the packaging. It could also take the form of a download in an Adobe format.

Please consider this.

Thank you.

Arnold.

• SI Staff

Are you talking about the rules for leagues that are not included in the game so that you can create those yourself?

The wallchart was handy back then as there wasn't a way to see the rules in game but we've since added a Rules section for each competition.

we've since added a Rules section for each competition.

Yeah, but you need to load the leagues to find out the rules. A simple PDF would be more helpful.

And for leagues not included in the game look it up on wikipedia, they usually have back-up in the form of the nation's FA.

That can be done, yes - but a PDF is by far more accessible; and personally I'm asking only for leagues in the game.

Brilliant request. We absolutely need a source outside the game that provides all the competition rules for each playable league in the game. We need to know this before we create new saved games.

I was just looking for this today after taking over a newly promoted club in the 3rd Bundesliga and then realizing too late that the crazy requirements involving under-23 players left me with a largely unusable squad.

It's one thing to require three under-23 players in the match squad, but to also limit clubs to using just three players over 23 meant that most of my team was useless. And that probably explains why other clubs were offloading incredibly talented veteran players on free transfers. As soon as some of your players turn 24, your entire club is in trouble.

UPDATE: I managed to find a very basic list of league rules from The Dugout forums. One of the moderators posted a link to an Excel file that covers foreign player restrictions and similar rules for each league. Just go to Google and search for FM09 League Information List.

Archived