A Question About FM10

I know i am not the only one who has run into problems installing FM09 because of this stupid internet installation that SI felt the need to implement, my question is will FM10 follow the same rule as FM09 for installation?

In your attempts to stop piracy i think its pretty safe to say that you failed as their were copies of the game online within days of release and in this vain attempt at stoping privacy you alienated one hell of alot of your loyal fan base who ran into problems when installing this game.

I had no idea when i bought my copy of FM09 that i had to be connected to the internet (which at the time i wasnt) so i had to wait 2 weeks before i got my internet connection to play a game i paid £25 for, and then when i bought a new pc i was unable to intall it because of an error (still havent installed it).

So what do you guys think about this? Do you think it was a smart move by SI to put this measure in place to stop piracy or a bad move because of the implications it had on the paying customer?

Do you think SI will impliment this on FM10? Do you think they should?

Lets not forget that you will never stop piracy online because that is simply the nature of the internet.

Always sad to see that someone had a bad experience. But I had a completely different experience. Luckily I avoided the situation with the servers being subject to a ddos attack (probably owing to buying the game at 8am).

SI/SEGA have to try something to stop piracy and I certainly didn't notice as many pirate copies floating around the net.

I had no problems with activating my game last year to be honest and you could have activated the game by phone as well my friend. I can totally understand the problems people had, with either reading the serial code on the back of the manual or with the server attack.

But there hasn't been a decision on what system SI/SEGA will use on FM 10 as of yet, i'm sure it will be announced in the coming weeks with the blogs from Miles on the forum.

I never had an internet connection or a phone line at the time of release for FM09, which meant I had to use my mobile costing me around an extra fiver to activate the game. The money didn't bother me as much as the ridiculous length of characters needed to listen out for to activate the game. Now I have internet again it's all good for FM10. The game will still get cracked at some point but regardless the major plus of the activation is not having to leave the dvd in the drive.

As has been said before, SI are the developers of the game but SEGA are the distributors. SI have an opinion and have advised SEGA of it, but the final decisions are with SEGA and there is little that SI can do about their final decision.

I bought my copy long after it'd been released because i didnt have a PC.

Someone posted about phone activiation for those without internet access, my question to you is why should we, the paying customer buy the game then have to shell out another 3-8 pound on a phone to call to play the game we have already paid for?

I still havent installed the game on my pc because it simply wont allow me to install it, i have followed everything that FrazT has suggested through the forums and i still receive Error -51, i have even gone as far as to get the product key from a friend of mine who plays the game on a Mac thus has no need for the product key, and that still doesnt allow me access to the game i have paid for.

How many of you on here believe that the paying customer (even if you havent experienced it yourself) should have to suffer and go without the product they have bought so a company can prolong the piracy of a game for a month or two longer?

How many of you here who havent had problems with this game will be going mad if FM10 decides that it doesnt like your system and refuses to accept your product key?

If you pay for goods you expect them to access to you no matter what., do you not?

I have been ripped off by SI or SEGA or whoever is in control of the game and what goes in it because i am unable to play the product i have paid for. I feel agrieved.

Archived