[FM09] A Season in a night!

Superdan

Im going to do a season in a night tonight and post regular updates on how im going. Im Verona in the pre season before my 2017/18 Serie A Season, after selling a number of players this is going to be a transition season. Spent over £50 Million on playing staff and i feel i have a squad that can compete for a european place, however the media have predicted a 10th place finish for us. Players to watch from my squad i reckon personally are:

-A young Saudi defender called Hassan Al-Amoudi who set me back over £10 million.

-21 year old argentinian left back, Ariel Molina, who had a disappointing first season at the club last year and will hopefully kick on this season

-23 year old Bulgarian Central Midfielder George Pateev who i hope will combine well with Fabian Delph who is an integral part of my side

-Club legend Felipe Monteiro who plays on the right wing of my attacking midfield

-Oscar Rosales, El Salvadorian Striker signed for 8 million, could be a real find.

I will be playing a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 central mids and two attacking wingers.

My Pre season has produced 3 wins and a draw one of the wins being a 3-2 thriller against AC Milan, last years champions.

Will keep everyone updated!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st Choice Starting Line-up

GK Remy Riou- Brought in on a free transfer in the summer, hailed as excellent bargain by fans

RB Michael Mancienne- Second season, decent first season steady player

LB Ariel Molina- Mentioned previously, will need to kick on this season to maintain this position

CB Hasan Al-Amoudi- Young Saudi whose previous club weren't willing to part with on the cheap

CB Jesper Knudsen- 24 year old Dane who has 3 goals in 5 pre season games, will be hoping he maintains this form

MC Fabian Delph- Reliable central midfielder who has bagged more than his fair share of screamers, leader

MC George Pateev- Unknown quantity, hoping his eye for a pass will help get the ball down the flanks quickly

AMR Felipe Monteiro- Club legend in my eyes, cannot put a foot wrong. Club Captain.

AML Diego Buononnatte- Skillful winger and last seasons fans player of the year despite having limited pitch time.

ST Vincent Acapandie- Clinical Striker who has been top scorer for previous two seasons, will be looking for big numbers again

ST Oscar Rosales- £8 million purchase who i hope will prove to be the perfect partner for Acapandie

Bench

S1 Tadej Cucek (GK)- Last seasons number one, had his dodgy moments but fairly capable

S2 Antonio Diaz (DRLC)- Young spanish defender who has been tipped very highly by my assistant

S3 Gonzalo Prieto (MC)- Described as possibly the next Xavi, may get the occasional start

S4 Gianluca Rea (AMR)- Been threatening something special for a long time and is still only 18 may also get occasional start

S5 Mossab Sassi (AML)- purchased for £15 million, expensive substitute but understudy to Buononnatte

S6 Zdenek Holomek (ST)- young striker who has been in and out of the first time for last two seasons, will probably do the same again

S7 Tristan Esteve (ST)- 17 year old striker who has been disappointing despite promising so much

Monthly Review

League Standing

10th

Results

VERONA 3-2 Udinese (Acapandie, Delph, Buonnonotte)

Mantova 2-2 VERONA (Buonanotte, Acapandie)

(Cup) Treviso 2-3 VERONA AET (Buonanotte, Felipe Monteiro, Sassi)

Sampdoria 4-6 VERONA (Pateev x2, Monteiro x2, Sassi, Holomek)

VERONA 0-2 Lazio

Player of the month

Felipe Monteiro- Some brilliant performances and some incredible goals to boot, proving just why he is so important to the club

Review

Mixed bag of results, disappointed with the Lazio result. Pleased to end the Udinese hoodoo, and progress in the cup but work to do. Buonanotte and Monteiro have produced some fantastic performances which I hope they can maintain throughout the course of the season.

Monthly Review October

League Position

6th

Results

Juventus 1-2 VERONA (Buonanotte, Rosales)

VERONA 3-2 Palermo (Buonanotte, Acapandie, Delph)

VERONA 1-3 AC Milan (Delph)

Bologna 1-1 VERONA (Monteiro PEN)

Lecce 1-3 VERONA (Acapandie, Holomek, Pateev)

Player of the Month

Buonanotte- Contributed a few goals and looked lively in every game, could prove to be the most important player this season

Review

Very happy with the start to the month with a 2-1 victory at Juventus and 3-2 at home against Palermo but brought back to earth with a thud by AC. Buonanotte is showing early glimpses of being a massive player for us this season and is more than filling the boots of his predecessor who was sold to Feyenoord for 19.75 million in the close season. Concerned by a defence that is taking the score one more than you idea far too seriously, definitely need to stop shipping so many goals. Ploughing through the away games which will be important towards the business end of the season. Happy to be scoring more goals as last season we found them hard to come by. 3 Wins and only one loss in 5 games isn't bad.

haha, fair play!

yeah im quite proud of this side, took them into the champions league the season before last, even beat barca 2-1. I think there is IRL but on this im playing through! no slacking on my watch! ill be putting up the november update on shortly

Monthly Review November

League Position

5th

Results

Siena 1-1 VERONA (Holomek)

VERONA 1-1 Fiorentina (Monteiro) Monteiro Missed Penalty

VERONA 2-0 Pescara (Holomek, Delph PEN)

Player of the Month

Antonio Diaz- Featured prominently this month and made mature performances for a player of his limited years

Review

Massively disappointed to not have taken three points against Fiorentina especially with the missed penalty but they're a strong side and we have to look at that game as a point gained against a very good side. Siena draw very disappointing and if we're going to challenge the front runners we need to be beating teams like this comfortably but as long as we're not losing we're picking up points. Need to look to kill games off as this is the mark of a strong side, we can't afford to rest on our laurels. The 2-0 win at Pescara was important to prove we could keep a clean sheet, albeit against one of the weaker sides in the division.

Monthly Review December

League Position

4th

Results

Modena 3-5 VERONA (Pateev, Holomek, Monteiro x2, Knudsen)

CUP AC Milan 4-2 VERONA (Acapandie, Holomek)

VERONA 3-0 Genoa (Backes, Acapandie, Monteiro)

Roma 3-3 VERONA (Acapandie x2, Monteiro)

VERONA 2-1 Torino (Pateev, Rosales)

Player of the Month

Vincent Acapandie- Beginning to find his shooting boots and scored some important goals this month

Review

Entertaining first game of the month with 8 goals between ourselves and Modena. Beginning to think we are a we'll score one more than you team which, as long as we do, is no problem with me. Also pleased to see goals coming from all parts of the pitch. After many seasons of underachievement its becoming clear we aren't a cup team! The 4-2 loss at AC Milan evidence of that. Released two players who were causing problems for morale which should see performances improve further. The 3-0 win against Genoa was important, we managed to keep a clean sheet but also bag a few goals, Genoa were unfortunate not to score as they had much the better of the first half. Very pleased with the 3-3 draw at Roma who have fallen from grace but are still very much a force and the kind of side we are competing against. The final game of 2017 was a tight affair and the last ten minutes tested our 2-1 lead but we managed to hold on which i was pleased with. This leaves us unbeaten in the league for nine games of which five are victories, we are also the leading scorers in the league as we go into january.

Im going to be a complete let down and get a few hours kip and will resume my mission as soon as i wake, ciao for now guys! feel free to leave comments or screenie requests :)

tut tut getting sleep, and I've been up all night and off to work in a few hours... so looks like i'll have to see how your season finishes after work ... at 5 p.m :(

Monthly Review: January

Results

napoli.jpg

Goalscorers: Mancienne

interhii.jpg

Goalscorers: Holomek

ascolii.jpg

Goalscorers: Rosales x2, Monteiro

palermom.jpg

Goalscorers: Molina

Player of the Month

Remy Riou- A String of very impressive performances has seen interest coming in from all over the continent, glad to have held onto him. They say every great side has to have a great goalkeeper and i think i have mine.

Review

Disappointing draw against Napoli in a game where we dominated, these are the kind of games we're going to have to win to stay in contention. For this to be followed by another draw might have been disappointing until you consider it was against Inter Milan at the San Siro! A great result which i think proves we're kicking on from last season, also pleased to have been a goal down but not let heads drop. Another high scoring game for us against Ascoli with the bonus of not conceding. Any signs of last seasons squad disharmony has left without a trace. Felipe Monteiro became the clubs leading all time league goalscorer when he bagged his 60th for the club.

Matchday No. 21 Mantova @ Bentegodi

brand%20MANTOVA.gif

Starting Line-up

Riou(GK), Molina(LB) , Backes(RB), Zlatkov (CB), Al-Amoudi (CB), Prieto(CM), Delph(CM), Buonanotte(AML), Monteiro (AMR), Holomek(ST), Rosales (ST)

Substitutions: Mancienne (On for Al-Amoudi), Esteve (On for Rosales), Rea (On for Monteiro)

Match Review

mantovag.jpg

Appalling result, did not expect to lose so heavily at home to side this much weaker than our own, interested to see how we overcome this.

Player Ratings

mantovaa.jpg

Matchday No. 22 Udinese @ Friuli

udinesep.jpg

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Buonannotte (AML), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Acapandie (ST), Rosales (ST)

Substitutions: Holomek (On for Acapandie), Esteve (On for Holomek)

Match Review

Great result against a side who in previous years I have considered a bogie team, to have done the double over them shows we have overcome this block. Also great to comeback strong from the Mantova results. 3 goals away against a strong Udinese side is impressive.

udinese.jpg

Match Ratings

udinesea.jpg

Matchday 23 Sampdoria @ Bentegodi

Hellas-Verona-128x128.png

VS

sampdoria.jpg

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Acapandie (ST), Rosales (ST)

Substitutions: Holomek (on for Acapandie), Esteve (On for Rosales)

Match Review

A good 2-0 win, again nice not to concede, with thanks definitely going to Riou who is proving to be a revelation of a free transfer. Good result against a good side.

sampdoriab.jpg

Player Ratings

sampdoria.jpg

Matchday No. 24 Lazio @ Olimpico

lazio.jpg

VS

Hellas-Verona-128x128.png

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Rosales (ST), Acapandie (ST)

Substitutions: Holomek (On for Rosales), Diaz (On for Backes)

Preview

A massive game for us, Lazio are one of the front runners this season and victory at the Olimpico would give us an idea of just how good we are. Not expecting a big scoreline but if we manage a victory or a draw ill be very pleased.

Match Review

A massive victory if not in scoreline. Lazio was an important game to mark our progress over the season, we lost to them at Bentegodi so to win the away match is a massive boost. The clean sheet will do wonders for the defences confidence. The penalty miss was also an important moment for us.

lazio.jpg

Player Ratings

lazioi.jpg

Matchday 25 Juventus @ Bentegodi

Hellas-Verona-128x128.png Vs Juventus-256x256.png

Preview

Another hugely important game on the back of the Lazio one. A win here would really signal our intentions as we move into the latter stages of the season. Juventus remain a good side and currently reside only a place below me. This game could go either way, a dull 0-0 draw or a free scoring win either way. I will be looking to my wingers in this game to get some good crosses in and cause their short defence some problems.

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

Verona 2-0 Juventus

Match Review

An impressive performance, two first half goals from Felipe Monteiro ensured we got off to a flying start. Juventus had their chances but fortunately for us failed to convert them. An outstanding performance from our captain Monteiro ensured he added to his haul of M.O.M awards and the fact that we didn't concede again just goes to show that we are becoming a major force in Italian Football.

Overview

juventusg.jpg

Player Ratings

juventusw.jpg

Matchday 26 AC Milan @ San Siro

AC%20Milan.png VS Hellas-Verona-256x256.png

Preview

Another huge game for Hellas, this is the fixture I have not been looking forward to. The champions are never an easy game for us and i imagine there will be plenty of goals as there has been most times in this fixture, last time we met Carlos Vela bagged a hat trick so he will be one for us to keep an eye on. A draw here would be a fantastic result, a victory unthinkable, surely? The bookies seem to think so putting us out at 4-1!

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Diaz (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

AC Milan VERONA

Substitutions: Esteve (On for Holomek), Knusden (On for Delph), Al-Amoudi (On for Zlatkov)

Match Review

A Thriller of a match! Ecstatic to come away from the game with a draw. We conceded early to Vela who i identified as the main threat prior to the match, but equalised in the second half. We had much the better of the second half, so when Vela scored again in the 87th minute i thought we had been robbed but when Acapandie equalised in the 90th minute i was overjoyed. He also had two chances to steal us the win but unfortunately couldnt convert them. Fantastic Result.

Overview

milan.jpg

Player Ratings

milanwpg.jpg

Monthly Review: February

Form

WWWW

Results

Udinese 1-3 VERONA

VERONA 2-0 Sampdoria

Lazio 0-1 VERONA

VERONA 2-0 Juventus

Player of the Month

Fabian Delph- Some fantastic performances from the Vice Captain, solid, assured and commanding. A good month from the Central Midfielder.

Top Goalscorer

Delph & Monteiro (2)

Overview

A fantastic month of results. Four wins on the bounce and a repeat feat next month would put us well on the way towards a champions league spot. The side has really gelled well and work well both as a unit and individuals. Delph has taken the role of playmaker over these 28 days and has created and finished many goals. Wins against Juventus and Lazio show exactly what this club is about.

League Table

league.jpg

Matchday 27 Bologna @ Bentegodi

Hellas-Verona-256x256.png VS bologna-calcio-liga-italiana.png

Preview

Bologna are the kind of side we must avoid an upset against. Currently placed 14th they are a side with a few potentially important players, Gonzalo Barretto the striker was linked whith my club earlier in the season and im aware of the threat he presents. Despite this i think my side are strong enough to complete a victory against a weaker Bologna side

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Diaz (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (CM), Pateev (CM), Felipe Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Holomek (ST), Acapandie (ST)

Verona 1-1 Bologna

Substitutions: Al-Amoudi (On for Zlatkov), Esteve (On for Holomek), Knudsen (On for Pateev)

Match Review

A disappointing result as our new found freescoring ability deserted us here at Bentegodi. Bologna were a match for us throughout the game and i was wrong to rule them out. At the end of the day we have a point which could prove vital come the end of the season but we also lost two which could be equally vital.

Overview

bolognaa.jpg

Player Ratings

bolognar.jpg

Matchday 28 Siena @ Bentegodi

Hellas-Verona-256x256.png VS logo_siena_big.jpg

Preview

After the draw with Bologna we'll be looking to kill of this game as early as possibly as i think these are an important three points for us. Siena again are a decent side who could easily take the three points themselves on their day, so we'll have to be alert and prepared for them. Im eager to register three points here.

Starting Line-up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (MC), Pateev (MC), Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Acapandie (ST), Rosales (ST)

VERONA 4-1 Siena

Substitutions: Esteve (On for Rosales), Diaz (On for Molina)

Match Review

Fantastic to get three points one the board once again and glad to see there was no hangover from the draw previously at home. 4 goals is a fantastic return and to only concede one is also a bonus. Hopefully this can be the beginning of another one of our winning streaks.

Overview

sienaj.jpg

Player Ratings

sienak.jpg

Matchday 29 Lecce @ Bentegodi

brand.gif VS logo%20HellasVerona.png

Preview

Currently sat in the relegation zone, Lecce shouldn't cause us any problems in theory, but don't rule out an upset. I'm looking for my strikers and attacking midfielders to exercise their ruthlessness in this game and kill it off early. I predict a few goals in this game with victory for my Verona side

Starting Line up

Riou (GK), Backes (RB), Molina (LB), Zlatkov (CB), Mancienne (CB), Delph (MC), Pateev (MC), Monteiro (AMR), Buonanotte (AML), Acapandie (ST), Rosales (ST)

VERONA 3-1 Lecce

Substitutions: Esteve (On for Rosales), Knudsen (On for Zlatkov)

Match Review

Another good strong performance from Verona, plenty of goals from the wings which ive come to expect from two quality attacking players. Hoping to carry this form through the next few games and become genuine title contenders.

Match Overview

lecce.jpg

Player Ratings

lecce.jpg

Archived