Man City Fm2010

i hope man city have the same transfer budget in fm10 as they did in 09. In RL Mark Hughes has as much as he wants. It was good to see their budget in fm restriced to around 80m (using budget adjustment) so you cant buy the world! anybody have any ideas what their approx budget wiil be for fm10?

Well Si say they go towards Realism, So i would expect Man City to have alot of money to spend as they do in real life.

I would also expect Notts County to get a big wage budget and a big ish transfer budget for League 2.

Arn't Southampton rich now too? Or was it just an average takeover, finances wise?

Well Si say they go towards Realism, So i would expect Man City to have alot of money to spend as they do in real life.

I would also expect Notts County to get a big wage budget and a big ish transfer budget for League 2.

Arn't Southampton rich now too? Or was it just an average takeover, finances wise?

Doesn't League 2 have a salary cap based on turnover and the only way Notts County got Sol was with a huge "gift"

Perhaps it's time for a different kind of finance system on FM? Although rare, with teams like Man City, they don't really have a set budget do they? Mark Hughes wasn't told by the Man City board;

"With your current level of ambition, the transfer budget has been set at £100M, and the wage budget is £1.7Mp/w"

Moreover, they probably asked him to single out targets and, regardless of the price, they will provide the funds to land said targets.

There should be a 'not set' budget for teams like this, and depending on the Chairman's resource and ambition attributes the manager should be able to buy as many players as the Chairman allows (unlimited in Man City's case).

Doesn't League 2 have a salary cap based on turnover and the only way Notts County got Sol was with a huge "gift"

Yes, ish, in League 2 the wage budget is capped at 60% of turnover. Its to stop clubs going to the wall obviously, and only exists in League 2. The way Notts County get round is to *gift* the club an amount of cash to cover it every season. Its not a gift straight to say Sol Campbell.

theres no salary cap in league two. its just they dont get enough revenue to support brining in players with massive salaries at the moments

Wrong, see above.

Im more interested in Real Madrid. How much money will they get and how can you possibly strenghen that squad, maybe defence but lets face it - we all love buying goal scorers at heart.

The transfer budget system has needed rejigging for a while now. IRL you pick your targets and the board try and get them. Now this would be boring i guess because most of us love buying players and dealing with that side. As a compromise however, say you spent your budget but you still wanted a player, you could approach the board to ask for the funds for a certain position or something similar. Just throwing an idea into the ring.

As a Man City fan I'd like to add something to this debate. Yes, Man City and Real Madrid will be stupidly easy teams to manage in FM10 but it's because SI gives you a full transfer budget on the first window but also gives you the players signed FROM THAT BUDGET. I know it's probably the only way it can work, but that's how anyway.

Regarding MCFC's spendings, supposedly from now on it will be a much more measured approach.

Hughes on his "transfer masterplan" from MCFC.co.uk

I outlined my plans to the board in December 2008, told them the players and the quality of players that we needed.

Obviously at that point there was a budget allocated, but that budget was accelerated and we've done a lot of work in a short space of time - probably three years' work in nine months.

MEN article regarding the spending

But now City have vowed to curb the big spending, and pump money into their academy to produce their own talent, and into their scouting network to capture and nurture young talent from around the world on the cheap.

Said Hughes: “In the future we won’t be going into the market to this extent again. We have gone very quickly into the market and brought in big numbers of players.

“Usually in football this doesn’t happen over short periods. We are obviously investing heavily in our academy and in our scouting.

“In future we will be looking to acquire players we feel will add value to the club and become great players at Manchester City, rather than going out to the market and at times paying a premium because we need the players now.

“We will be in the market if top players become available, but it won’t be at the level we have seen in the last two windows.”

But still, I think it means that in the future if our profile grows enough basically MH could point at 1-3 players he wants and they will be bought without money being an issue. Eg, "I want Messi" then we just go an ask Barca how much they want for him. If they say £150m we'll just pay it...

As a Man City fan I'd like to add something to this debate. Yes, Man City and Real Madrid will be stupidly easy teams to manage in FM10 but it's because SI gives you a full transfer budget on the first window but also gives you the players signed FROM THAT BUDGET. I know it's probably the only way it can work, but that's how anyway.

Regarding MCFC's spendings, supposedly from now on it will be a much more measured approach.

Hughes on his "transfer masterplan" from MCFC.co.uk

MEN article regarding the spending

But still, I think it means that in the future if our profile grows enough basically MH could point at 1-3 players he wants and they will be bought without money being an issue. Eg, "I want Messi" then we just go an ask Barca how much they want for him. If they say £150m we'll just pay it...

Actually, If you want you can prevent transfers in the first window when you create the game.

I personally am relishing being my team (Chelsea) because for once they actually put forward quite a good challenge. There are 2/3 main challengers for the title with Man City and Tottenham knocking on the door, the squad is starting to age and it will be interesting to rebuild a new team whilst trying to win everything at the same time.

Nope, no salary cap, just normally the teams are very poor.

Also Sol Campbell has got a low salary but high clauses for matches played.

Well with editors both offical and non you can make any team have unlimited funds, it will still be down the the manager to build a team that succeeds. And although they will sign good players the real quality (Kaka) need more than money to move there.

I think with City you can easily buy a team to get into the top 4, then buy again to challenge/win league and the same for europe but may take a few years to do so.

Whether your a city fan or not its going to be fun to watch!!

Too easy to win since you can buy anyone you want

I think that adds an element of fun to FM as well. For too often people will play the game on a tight budget; trying to balance the books, sell before you buy, watch the wage budget etc etc. I think that Man City offer something completely different and is a welcome reprieve to that which we are (mostly) used to.

Anyone looking down their nose at those who want to play as one of the 'easy clubs' is a bit sad imo. 'It's your game, play it as you wish' as far as I'm concerned.

I was merely just answering your question of what viiralx said

I am in that situation right now. I have over $228M to spend on transfers so I decided to do something creative. I made an all italian team, provides an interesting challenge, I'll make a thread about it later

SI should sell a specific Man City edition of the game, asking 10 pounds extra to cover additional wage budgets, transfer budgets, unlocked cheat codes and the game being an official licensed product of Abu Dhabi United Group.

The thing being signed by Bernd Trautmann would do too. :)

That said, managing teams with money to spend like that surely should come with their own share of problems as well? First off, unlike Real, Man City are hardly in a position to sign whoever they like to. But for such a team, having loads of star players warming the bench should pose a problem all by itself. Now shouldn't it? Plus getting them all to play a team proper isn't always that easy in real life, though probably a bit hard to simulate in a game... Still, something to ponder about for future FMs.

Archived