Creating Leagues

I know this may be a stupid question but i am confused about this feature. on the announcement thread somebody talked about how fm had blown champ managers introduction of the english 7th tier out of the water because you can create it yourself in the editor. but does this mean the teams are already there and just need activating , in a similair way to Harchester in fm 06? Or do you have to create every 7th tier team and players yourself. Becuase if you do i cant see why everybody was so excited about that coz it would take ages! stupid question i know!

I know this may be a stupid question but i am confused about this feature. on the announcement thread somebody talked about how fm had blown champ managers introduction of the english 7th tier out of the water because you can create it yourself in the editor. but does this mean the teams are already there and just need activating , in a similair way to Harchester in fm 06? Or do you have to create every 7th tier team and players yourself. Becuase if you do i cant see why everybody was so excited about that coz it would take ages! stupid question i know!

no all of the lower league teams are in the database and therefore will only have to be moved into the league you create and most of them have all the players maybe 1 or 2 transfers may need to be addressed

no all of the lower league teams are in the database and therefore will only have to be moved into the league you create and most of them have all the players maybe 1 or 2 transfers may need to be addressed

if so why dont the leagues just already be in the database instead of you haveing to create them yourselfs? if all the clubs, players and info has been created by si, why dont they include it?

All those clubs have been in the database for a while. If you look in the FM09 editor you will see them as well. The reason SI may not include the leagues as playable could be because they are not researched as much as the leagues that are in the game. For example, a lot of details are correct but maybe the players attributes are not researched to a good enough standard and possibly are just randomly generated by the game. That is only a guess as I don't know but that is one possible reason.

Judging by the Research vacancies, even very few BSN or BSS teams have researchers. Even less in the tier below that. It'd hardly be worth implementing a league that has almost no research (bar the basics like teams and rules).

FM and SI obviously pride themselves on the database and research side of the game, so having leagues with limited or innacurate information would just make what is currently one of the best databases around less accurate. Which, obviously, is bad.

Aye, SI clearly have higher standards for what they will implement than some others - it seems that if something can't be done right, SI would rather not do it.

That said, I can't wait to activate as many leagues as possible, even if the players are missing - my standards are likely to be much lower than SIs :D

Also - there could well be licensing issues restricting the addition of further leagues.

Archived