Undisclosed fee?

New thing for fm2010, undisclosed fee's? After finalising the deal, the two clubs agree to make it an undisclosed fee, if one club doesnt agree then the money spent is shown to the public and if it is an undisclosed fee it goes into the player history.

Also on 2010 there should be press conferences after you sign a big player and conference is only about the signing and future signings.

Undisclosed fee would be good, but not a must for me. It shouldn't be hard to put into the game I think but would rather time is spent on other things. About the press conferences, this is something I agree on. It lacks major depth and it would be brilliant if there would be a press conference when you buy players just like it's done in real life.

In reality I doubt it is very hard for a club to find out what another player (at another club) is earning. After all we have agents who I imagine wouldn't mind slipping this information out if they think they have a chance of making more money for themselves.

Undisclosed fees are only talked about in the media. I believe that between clubs and managers (which you are), you know exactly how much you paid or sold a player.

The figures in the game is what a manager would realistically expect to know. Remember, you're a manager, not a fan or the media.

"Undisclosed fees are only talked about in the media. I believe that between clubs and managers (which you are), you know exactly how much you paid or sold a player"

The two managers do know the fee of the player but im saying you make it an undisclosed fee transfer for the public and media, also other clubs using undisclosed fees and then i (the manager) wouldnt know how much that player has gone for and dont know their exact value.

I've always found it bizarre that in FM you instantly know every single player in the world's value, wage (along with other minute contract details) and historic transfer fees.

Agree with this and have raised it before. I find it extremely odd how I can go to any player in the world and find out how much he’s earning and the length of his contract. Does Alex Ferguson know how much Shola Ameobi is earning? Would Steve Bruce know how much Samuel Eto’o earns?

It’s another untapped use for scouts and / or agents. If you’re interested in a player and want to know how much he’s earning, how long he has left on his deal etc. then you should have to do a bit more research than simply going straight to his profile.

Agree with this and have raised it before. I find it extremely odd how I can go to any player in the world and find out how much he’s earning and the length of his contract. Does Alex Ferguson know how much Shola Ameobi is earning? Would Steve Bruce know how much Samuel Eto’o earns?

Not straight away, but unless they're awful eejits altogether it shoudn't be too hard for them to find out, Ameobi by scouting and talking to his agent, Eto'o by reading the Corriere della Sport. Maybe it shoud be

an attribute revealed by scouting.

P.S. I personally think IRL that undisclosed fees are a big problem in football, as I can see great latitude for the situation for some very shady dealing. I believe that all transfers sould be fully disclosed, detailing who got what from them.

The press conferences for major signings is something I totally agree with, and would love for it to be put in the game. The Man City press conference for their 2 signings yesterday was interesting, as it had been a protracted saga. In the game if you declared interest and their manager issues hand off warnings and stuff, and you finally get the player you could be questioned about it in the conference. Maybe a bit over the top, :D, but something liek that would be good in the game.

True Ben, but that doesn't mean you'd know the values of transfers involving other teams
"Undisclosed fees are only talked about in the media. I believe that between clubs and managers (which you are), you know exactly how much you paid or sold a player"

The two managers do know the fee of the player but im saying you make it an undisclosed fee transfer for the public and media, also other clubs using undisclosed fees and then i (the manager) wouldnt know how much that player has gone for and dont know their exact value.

Managers do actually possess quite a great deal of knowledge, including how much other people have paid for players, in order to gauge the market and know how much certain types and qualities of players are worth.

I guess you can have the option to tell the media that the fee was undisclosed, but that would be merely a superficial addition to the game IMO. It's simply saying to the media "I don't want to tell you the fee, so there."

I believe undisclosed fees come about because:

1) Clubs don't want to reveal too much about their financial situation to the public. Look at the number of rumours about how the rich owners of Prem clubs got their money.

2) A huge fee might cause an uproar among fans, especially if the club isn't regarded as well-off.

Manager think that other clubs don't know, but they do.

Archived