Few general questions

Hi guys, after a while away I want to get back involved with this game. I haven't played since waaaay back in the CM4 days. (Still play that game occasionally).

That said my two main questions... what outlets are available for US purchase?

Am I going to be completely lost in the new version with all of the upgrades that have happened since my last version?

ETA: I did try search but typing in US Purchase gets a lot of team results dealing with transfers obviously.

Thanks for the help!!

Update... I see the US Steam thread, and I have never used Steam before, but I will follow that thread for the US Purchase part of the equation, but if others have any other ideas, I am all ears. Last time around I got the disc and a manual.. I am guessing with Steam that is a No-go and I would rather have those items. (Manual esp.)

Is there a link to an online manual so I can start to familiarize myself with the updates since last I purchased?

First, I don't know where you can buy it in the states, but take note that the N.American game is called "Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009" (WWSM). Furthermore, you should wait a bit more and get this year's edition which comes on Oct.30.

As far as changes go, the biggest one is regarding tactics as the arrows now control something else (see the Tactics forum). Other changes are more cosmetic (fan/board confidence, feeder clubs, press talks). You can just jump in and get reacquainted by the time pre-season is over. :)

There is also the 3D view for the match engine. It's like Marmite (you'll either love it or hate it). Training is much revamped with a slider system emphasising the general areas of training, rather than building up the training schedule. Tactics also now uses the sliding system for the mentalities (e.g. attack/defence, passing), wibble/wobble has been removed and the arrows now denote positions in which the player will operate, rather than general mentality. If the tactis are confusing I would suggest the tactics and training forum.

P.S. Feeder clubs can be veriy important, if you are a big club ther right feeder club will massive improve your youth team, while in LLM having Man Utd as your parent is a huge boost.

Archived