[FM09] Unemployment to Top Flight Football

Adam C

Intro: Playing on a new update including some summer transfers, and started unemployed, with auto rep, with these leagues loaded: England (BSN/S and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Netherlands (Jupiler league and above), Scotland (Second Division and above), and Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

The offer that first turned up was Hyde United in the Blue Square North, which I accepted. Here's a little overview of the club:

Hyde United

HYDE.jpg

Founded:

Stadium: Ewen Fields

Stadium Capacity: 4130 (660 seated)

Captain: Chris Lynch

Media Prediction: 9th

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £2,839

I looked at the squad and realised, it was terrible. So I decided it all had to go. I put them all in the reserves and tried to get rid of them for nothing, so long as they didn't take up too much wage bill. So then, I released the players I could release, and signed a whole new first team:

Squad:

GK:

James Gilpin (18): Young keeper who provides back up for Brown, good prospect for lower leagues, but will sell if I ever get into League 2.

Simon Brown (31): Great keeper who's played his trade with Hibernian, Brentford, Colchester and even started his career with Spurs, although he never played for them lol.

FB:

Jan Pouwels (24): Has the stats to provide great cover and is a good back up right back.

Bob Verweij (21): Is versatile and can play left or right back, and could be first choice if he impresses.

Tom Cumberworth (20): Can also play in defensive midfield and is a useful player to have. Will have to fight for his place though.

Ryan McCann (26): Much needed LB, who can play DM, and MRLC, so another versatile player who is in contention for first team football.

Faisel Achlioul (21): Good Right back and another one to fight for the RB position.

David McKay (23): Right Wing back, extra covre but is really a AMR or ST. But is more than capable of playing in defense.

CB:

Craig Gupwell (19): Great player for his age, will be first choice.

Liam Francis (18): Good prospect and already competing for the second first team spot.

Tom Sharpe (19): Probably a little worse than Liam, but still very good, and capable of being first choice, but still has prospect to be my best cb, still, much better than most cbs in this league.

Jermaine Holwijn (35): My oldest signing, but decided the defence was young, and needed some quality and experience, so was pleased to bring him in. Will probably be first team when fit.

Wingers:

Andro Franco (20): One of my best players, I reckon he'll cause havoc in this league.

Rico Kuijpers (20): Back up player, but still got the ability to shine in this league and if he impresses, will earn a first team spot.

Stuart Leslie (18): Back up as well, but is potentially a key member of my side.

Stephen Connolly (18): Good Left winger, and will be first choice here, only if Whitehurst isn't capable up front, otherwise Kogeldans is first choice AML.

Rico Kogeldans (20): As I say, better than Connolly, but depends whether Whitehurst is performing better than Connolly, if so, then Kogeldans can move to AML.

CM:

Marc Stuut (28): One of the older lads, but in his prime I guess, and a defensive minded cm, and will probably be first team.

Ruari MacLennan (20): Is able to play DM, or AM, so good player to have, and plays at a high ability. So should be fighting for his place this season.

Liam Hook (18): A back up, a normal CM, with good potential, should get a bit of first team action though this season.

Rico Kuijpers (20): Is not only back up AMR, as can also play AMC, so will come in handy this season.

Stuart Leslie (18): Also a back up for AMR and AMC like Kuijpers.

Richie Basoski (21): Good potential, but probably already my best AM, so will get a fair share of action this season.

Ryan McCann (26): He is a LB, but will provide cover for our defensive minded midfielder as well.

ST:

Chris Joyce (26): My best striker really, and he's our new captain, hoping for good things from this guy.

Roddy MacLennan (19): Better than Whitehurst, but not by much, main back up for Joyce and Kogeldans.

Ryan Whitehurst (18): Good potential, but is only back up this year. Even at his young age I reckon he'll be a very good striker for this division.

Rico Kogeldans (20): Second best striker, but also back up for the wings.

Overview: Good, young side here, and I do think this side should be at the very least getting promoted. Too good for this division, and is probably good enough to get into the top half of the BSP, let alone our predicted 9th in the BSN. So hopefully a good season to come.

Wow you released all the players and brought in new ones? If you did, then well done on that indeed. I know how hard it is to get players in the BSN

Yeah i did, took a long time, but i just looked for young frees, bar when I looked for an experienced cb and Gk, and always tried to sign when my assistsant said sign at all costs. Plus I have experience with Chris Joyce in BSP and was great there so was eager to get here as well.

EDIT: After much thinking, i've decided to take a new approach to updates, a little similar to Raware's, but he generously let me do it after I told him they would be different in many ways.

EDIT: After much thinking, i've decided to take a new approach to updates, a little similar to Raware's, but he generously let me do it after I told him they would be different in many ways.

Of course there was no problem in writing your updates in a similar form to mine. It's always good to see you guys telling us about your careers how ever they're written. Nice updates by the way Adam C :thup:

Archived