Tactics wizard - can you create your own player roles?

Just a quick question about the new tactics wizard...

As I understand it, there are some pre-set player settings, such as 'box to box midfielder' and 'deep lying playmaker', and these can be adjusted using the sliders.

Is it possible to save your own pre-sets? For example, if I have a playmaker, but because of his attributes I need to change some of his settings (such as long shots, run with ball etc), can I then save the new instructions so I can select them again without having to move the sliders?

It would be nice to have the ability to store a list of player settings, in the same way you can with formations, so the next time I pick a certain player, or bring him on as a sub, I can just select the instructions/role I want him to play without having to change all the sliders again. :)

Just a quick question about the new tactics wizard...

As I understand it, there are some pre-set player settings, such as 'box to box midfielder' and 'deep lying playmaker', and these can be adjusted using the sliders.

Is it possible to save your own pre-sets? For example, if I have a playmaker, but because of his attributes I need to change some of his settings (such as long shots, run with ball etc), can I then save the new instructions so I can select them again without having to move the sliders?

It would be nice to have the ability to store a list of player settings, in the same way you can with formations, so the next time I pick a certain player, or bring him on as a sub, I can just select the instructions/role I want him to play without having to change all the sliders again. :)

Cracking idea, would save a lot of trouble. Hope this is possible. :thup:

Dont think this is possible atm, as it's not in FML and the tactics wizard is being ported over from that.

That's annoying - it would make the wizard far more useful for a lot of people.

Is there a way to edit roles through the game files - in the same way that you can add and edit the presets in the current tactical screen?

This feature is already in FM2009, I think - though not available in UI interface. :)

Go to C:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\tactics (or whatever you FM is installed). Open "tactical_templates.xml" in Notepad. Here you can create you own tactical templates according to player position.

How to do that?:-

Create a new <record> </record> tag at the end of file. In between these tags create your tactical instructions as you see fit. Its very simple and easy to use. Help is already written at the start section of that file.

After you save this file, reload the skin (forgot if its necessary, but why take a chance?). Afterwards your player template is available from tactics screen.

This feature is already in FM2009, I think - though not available in UI interface. :)

Go to C:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\tactics (or whatever you FM is installed). Open "tactical_templates.xml" in Notepad. Here you can create you own tactical templates according to player position.

Create a new <record> </record> tag at the end of file. In between these tags create your tactical instructions as you see fit. Its very simple and easy to use. Help is already written at the start section of that file.

After you save this file, reload the skin (forgot if its necessary, but why take a chance?). Afterwards your player template is available from tactics screen.

i'd rename the original file 1st to an .old file

then edit a copy, easy to revert back to default if you mess things up

Nice, I didn't know this was possible. Cheers mate :thup:

Archived