[Help] I Barely Get Any Funds From The Board

I chose the club Rushden & Diamonds because i thought id try and be an LLMmi guess im asking for help or advice which sorta cancels that now :D .

Anyway, when i took over R&D no 1 was expecting promotion 3 times in a row (Scraped Play offs For 3 Years)

All the players ive signed have ALL been unnatached or their contracted expiring or expired. Ive been in the championship and the board still refuse to give me some cash to spend and they only give me 1k a year and the wage budget of like 30k -.- and im ment to survive with in the championship with that?:eek: How do i get a "Board Takeover" or something, its the 1st of july of the new season and they gave me yet another handout of 1k and 30k wage budget, whats this all about?!? they get a couple million a year from their annual turnover and when i request more funds they tell me to F*** off:mad:

What can i do? i cant see myself staying up this season since 1/2 my players have left because their contracts expired and i cant get any more because the tight fisted board wont gimme the dosh to do so.

Thanks,

*P.S 1st year in the championship i finished 10th*

Firstly there's no way to force a board takeover.

What's your bank balance like? I can only assume that you've overspent on wages over the years so any money that you get goes straight into getting the club out of the red. You'll also still have a very small stadium I assume, so not a lot of match day revenue coming in.

Yeh, Ive over spent on wages, if i didnt id be back down in the blue square before you could say "Football Manager"

Ive just checke dmy finances, im only 20k over my wage budget and the club gets annual profits of around 10million :S

ONLY 20K for a small team like yours!? This is probably half your problem. On the board confidence thing, what is their reaction to your budget control? If the bar is really low and they are devastated by your lack of your control or something that could be the answer...

Much like in ral life you need to make a decision as to whether you spend all of your money in the hope that you keep progressing, knowing that it could go wrong and leave you relegated and skint, or you're more conservative and ensure that even if you go down you'll be financially better off.

Just keep winning but try not to spend everything you've got and eventually the club will make more money and in turn give you more money. One of the best ways to do this is to get some cheap youngsters, get them playing well and then sell them on for big profits.

If you can, try arranging friendlies agansit premier league or top european teams at the start of your next season which normally gets money in but you may have to offload some star players to get the wages under control or slash the squad as they may decide to sack you even thou you are getting promoted on a regular basis, I have seen that happen in my game. Remember if you make the premier league, you will need to spend and if you don't have much money and the ground is small still, you will find it harder to get the players you want.

Hmm, results have turned in a good way for me, i was bottom, now im second place :D only played 15games though.

Ill wait till i get to the premier league and bring the wages down slowly (And Pray Extra hard For A Consortium To Come Along)

Hopefully i finish for a play-off place because if i can win the final of that, i think you get a ton of cash :D

Ive finished 4th (their was only 1 point between 4th-7th)

Ive got southhampton in the play off semi final and i won 5-1 on aggregate

Next up is Birmingham in the final well it WAS 1-1 and my Left Back Charlie Mulgrew scored on 90+2 :D

Wow, im in the premier league :D i bet the board give me 1k -.- maybe 2k if their feeling generous

Archived