Starting Reputation - Am I Missing Something?

I created a new game with my experience set as automatic and starting unemployed.

Somehow my reputation is continental!

I've noticed that sometimes my reputation is national when I start unemployed as well.

This should definitely not be the case if I choose "automatic" and unemployed. Or has the game been changed to make your reputation random if you choose automatic and unemployed?

What's going on here? Will my reputation be lowered to the expected unproven if I take over a club and particularly a lower league side?

it should be the case, if you choose automatic then your rep is set to the rep of the league or the team you take.

I always pick Semi pro because its the lowest rep that allows you to start unemployed in my opinion. Gives me national rep in scotland(or the nationality that you may pick) and a crap rep for the other nations.

I believe it depends what leagues you have running. Auto rep gives you a high enough reputation to get a job in the lowest league you are running.

Therefore if you start with just EPL, Serie A and La Liga running you get a rep that is appropriate to those jobs. If you have leagues lower than that then you get a rep appropriate to that level. There is no point the game giving you a Sunday League rep if you are going to need a Continental rep to get a job.

This is how it works IIRC, although someone will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps if you set your nationality as English, yet the lowest tier was German 3rd division, you would need a continental reputation as an English manager to get heard of by German teams.

Whereas if you played the same game but with your nationality as German, it would only be national as you would presumably live in Germany.

Just a theory.

I've started many games unemployed an rep on auto but I've never come across your problem.

I've always started with the lowest league available. Are you sure you didn't accidentally choose continental or set Germany as view only?

Try it again and make sure you set everything correctly. If the same thing happens then you might want to post it in the bugs forum.

Archived