Hardcore Fans Percentage

I believe it should be for fans that support the club no matter what the result is. If they are winning or getting hammerd they will stull turn up.

If its implemented that is.

And lets at least try to get this on topic, dont respond to the millwall west ham comments please

It will be interesting to see how the hardcore fans aspect is developed in the next instalment.

It might make the challenge of taking a sleeping giant back to the top a little easier as i guess the hardcore fans will guarantee you a certain amount of income, even if the team are languishing in a lower league.

As for fans doing "awful things", i dont think the game will be enhanced in any way by including pitch invasions and figting between spectators (please excuse me if this is not what you mean by awful things, but i rekon it is given recent events)

Itz for da HARDCORE Millwall and West Ham fans innit bruv

:D

I always thought that if it was implemented, it would be more to do with fans who would go to see the team no matter what (ie despite awful weather and no wins in the last ten games) rather than idiots on the pitch.

That or more supporters attending away games, crappy ties at home in the crappy domestic cups etc.

An old Football Management game (I think it was Football Director I or Football Director II on the Spectrum) used to have crowd violence. However, it was incredibly annoying because you'd get fined, and you'd also have to pay to repair damage to the stadium. It had no other effect on the game other than needlessly costing you money.

As for hardcore fans, if they had an effect then I suppose it could be positive (increased gate receipts, merchandising etc...) or potentially negative (supporter unrest after a string of poor results & unrealistic expectations - ie - Newcastle).

I suppose it's already reflected at the moment through the goals set by the Board.

What legal implications? FM would never endorse fan violence, it'd always be nuisance.

Imagine the outcry. If Newcastle's hcfp was 100 because they have high attendances in the Championship, and that caused violence at Newcastle matches, Newcastle might sue.

Hardcore fans will never result in violence. The most I see it doing is affecting ticket sales. But as it hasn't done everything for three or four versions, I can't see it doing anything soon.

What legal implications? FM would never endorse fan violence, it'd always be nuisance.

Yeah i know thats what i was saying, people further up the thread seemed to be implying that crowd unrest could be included with the hardcore fans, and i was saying it wouldn't happen because of the possibility of being sued for defamation.

I believe it should be for fans that support the club no matter what the result is. If they are winning or getting hammerd they will stull turn up.

If its implemented that is.

And lets at least try to get this on topic, dont respond to the millwall west ham comments please

Your definition of 'hardcore fan' is correct, AFAIK. t's nothing to do with violence; it's the ones who will turn up to a minor pre-season friendly in the pouring rain, for instance.

But as has been said, SI have not yet activated it in the game, so unless they do something for FM10, it has no effect.

Why is it in the database if it is not activated? Have SI been taking lessons from their French cousins at Cyanide who make the Pro Cycling Manager series of games, which has data fields in the database which are completely useless or not activated?

Why is it in the database if it is not activated? Have SI been taking lessons from their French cousins at Cyanide who make the Pro Cycling Manager series of games, which has data fields in the database which are completely useless or not activated?

Because there are plans to activate it in the future.

Should have been taken out of the editor. Not sure what happened, either they changed their mind or it's for the future and shouldn't have been in the editor with the game.

There are plenty of fields in the DB that aren't yet used by the game, but most of them aren't included in the editor. This one was for some reason.

There are plenty of things in the database that aren't in use. Corporate facilities and how damaged the stadium is (I forget the exact term) are two others.

Sorry mate but i think they are both used in the information screen when you view your stadium, condition of stadium and additional facilities are there

As you can see here

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/cormacwallace/StadiumInformation.jpg

in real life it represents the fans that will turn up to every match the team plays, be it home or away, a friendly, a league match or a low quality cup qualifier round (FAT etc).

the only way i see it being used in future versions of the game is if SI introduce differentiation on the home/away attendance stats

Where can I see the % of hardcore fans?

its in the main editor under stadium

I think they should have a rating for 'tendency for violence' and hardcore fan %

the higher the rating, the more likely the teams fans cause violence at a game against their rivals

There really isn't a place in FM, or real football, for crown violence. We should keep the unsavoury aspects of football out IMO.

I agree, crown violence is despicable and we can't encourage the royal family to continue ruining our sport.

I'm sorry.:o

There are plenty of things in the database that aren't in use. Corporate facilities and how damaged the stadium is (I forget the exact term) are two others.

Those two are visible in the club information screen, so surely they are used?

I don't have FML, but I've been reading posts in their website to get clues about FM10.

Here's a comment by Marc Duffy and their plans for developing stadium atmosphere:

" a full 25,000 seater stadium is better than 25,000 in say a 60,000 stadium. A full 25,000 seater stadium with hardcore will be better than a full 25,000 seater stadium with prawn sandwich munchers.”Marc Duffy, Sports Interactive"

The official blogger states:

"Every fan type has an atmosphere rating, die hard fans are worth more than family and they are worth more than corporate fans, in terms of adding to the atmosphere. The calculation then looks at how many of each fan type attends a match and multiplies each attendance total by the atmosphere rating of that group to come up with an overall atmosphere score for the stadium. The final stage is to compare the total attendance with the total capacity (seats and terraces). Every empty seat will have a negative impact on the overall atmosphere rating. The present atmosphere rating for your club does not account for any empty stands, or empty blocks within stands...

...empty blocks and stands will be treated as though they were empty seats, adding to the overall size of the stadium. Effectively this will mean a rethink of the practice of building stands purely to accommodate a few corporate fans, while that practice may prove the most beneficial from an economic perspective it will have a negative impact on your stadiums atmosphere."

http://www.gameworldone.com/2009/09/...clarification/

The blog tells us that these plans have been postponed for the latest version of FML. Maybe that means it won't be in FM10 but might be in FM11. But the blog does at least clarify the meaning of 'hardcore' and gives us insight into the intention of introducing 'stadium atmosphere'. It sounds like a terrific development, so if SI need more time to implement it properly, that all for the good.

Archived