What annoys you the most about the game?

For me it's the way the opposing team who have been terrible all game, and even of inferior ability, turn their game around and become supermen for the last 10 to 15 minutes.

Seriously, how many of you have seen top class teams that are beating lesser teams in every position? All of a sudden the lesser team go 4-2-4 and their players performances go from zero to hero.

Happens regularly too. You end up barely hanging on if at all. It's unrealisitic and clearly has noting to do with players attributes.

For me it's the way the opposing team who have been terrible all game, and even of inferior ability, turn their game around and become supermen for the last 10 to 15 minutes.

Seriously, how many of you have seen top class teams that are beating lesser teams in every position? All of a sudden the lesser team go 4-2-4 and their players performances go from zero to hero.

Happens regularly too. You end up barely hanging on if at all. It's unrealisitic and clearly has noting to do with players attributes.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...092061863#3092061863

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...092088953#7092088953

It bugs the hell out of me on a regular basis but I keep on playing because no other game generates the same emotions (positive and negative) in me. And before soeone else says it yes I am a sad man to be going nuts about a bunch of little dots on a computer screen icon_razz.gif

This was posted by tubbycrabs on 11/10/07 regarding annoyances.

I just saw this for the first time and cracked up laughing - it's so true - worth another look -

tubbycrabs posted on 11/10/07:

"You know what REALLY bugs me? When you can be dominating a team, having chance after chance and not scoring, only for the next highlight in the match to be them suddenly taking a freekick or corner (with no build up in the match engine to show you how they got to that stage) and scoring from it.

You can go through an entire match of chances for your team, only to have (for no apparent reason) the opposition suddenly getting a set-piece chance and invariably putting it away.

It works both ways, sure, I've had my fair share of set-pieces out of nowhere, but it more often than not is a trick that the opposition seem to be able to pull out of their asses at will.

I'd just like to see the build up to the chance, so I can work out how to prevent it.

Christ, it's irritating."

Do you really want to know what annoys me? DO YOU!?!?

I wake up everyday just to see my son play FM, waiting to be sent to school.

Then while in the car, he plays it on the PSP and asks for my "Wise advice"

He goes to school, I take his PSP. I play FM in the parking lot. I go into a berserk of swears (good thing the car is tinted). Then eat my wife-made sandwich. I so love my wife.

Then "Oooops, I'm going to be late for work!" Save game, and drive to work, thinking "How the fu** did I not win that game with 38 shots on goal!"

I get to the office. Open my computer, then open FM, just to update myself on how I was doing. Then I contribute something on the forum, then work for 3 hours, with 15 minutes of FM per hour. (With the alt-tab technique). I can't get FM out of my head for less than 30 minutes!

Boss passes by, asks quietly "how much did you buy Billy Sharp? He any good?" WTF? First my son, now my boss!?

Lunch time, I transfer save file to my laptop. Go to Star Bucks and have meat bread and coffee. I open my laptop,; Friends join me: "You still playing 4-4-2?" We trade laptops, and they comment "Your team sucks man, we're already in Europe!"

"If I cheated like the good old days, I'd kick your butt any day, get off my back!"

Lunch is over. Save, and transfer to desktop. Contribute again in the forums. Then work for another 6 hours. Again, 15 minutes per hour.

My secretary comes in and catches me playing FM everyday! She refuses to knock when I'm playing, but knocks when I'm not. WTF!??!? She talks to me and whatever then says "You have a weird hobby sir" - Crap, how dare she calls this weird. But I forgive the 60 year old grand ma.

Wife picks son from school. Son calls "Dad don't forget the PSP!" Wa... I hope I didn't break it, or threw it out of the car or something. I always forget where I leave it, and fear what I did to it. But its always in the car... thankfully still intact.

Bell rings, work over. Save file again. Transfer to laptop. Go into car. Check for PSP. Play the PSP and again, berserk of swears.

Then "Ooops, its getting late. Don't want wife to worry". Drive home with a hot head thinking "Unhappy? UNHAPPY!?!? You earn 50,000 pounds a week and you're unhappy!?!?"

Come home. Have dinner. Help son with homework. Then wife uses my laptop, son uses my desktop. Left the PSP in the car. Too lazy to get it. All play FM.

Would you believe my wife spends more time in the forums than playing the game? No kidding!

9pm, send son to bed.

10pm, send wife to bed. Then play FM on desktop.

11pm... sleep? Just one more game...

12am... oh crap... I said just one more game! Force myself to sleep.

Repeat process the next day. And this happens every day. Weekends is family time... with abit of FM.

Annoying enough! I hate loving FM!!!

Transfer speculation and bugging!

It's extremely annoying that when you play a top medium team such as Fiorentina and you do well in the first year; the peaceful summer which you hope to grab a few players to build up your squad is totally shattered when the big ass top teams will come to trounce your squad.

Despite rejecting all offers, declaring hand off warnings, setting key roles, offering new contracts; there seems to be no way to stop players leak off your team. They come to knock your door every single day during the window. Even the loyalists are shivered from the pack of vultures coming down to tear and eat off my dead body.

If I do not want to sell a player today; it's very likely that I will not change my mind next week. What a shame this transfer system is made of?

No exception, even for players who just signed a new 5 year deal yesterday; it's not going to stop those hungry vultures from coming to enquire, bid with stupid amount or unsettle your players.

I don't recall if this problem were prominent in previous versions, but it's fairly outrageous now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Seconded. the confidence system could be brilliant. But is a complete disaster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QFT. Also the unrealistically high prices on all players.

Most quirks are work-aroundable and I don't get particularly hot under the collar about them, but since you ask:

Agree about the media, though. Once speculation starts re your interest in a player it doesnt seem to stop. I put a player in my shortlist to keep an eye on them, often just waiting to step in to stop a rival buying them, but also to replace any player I sell, so dropping them out isn't really an option.

And constant transfer bids from the same clubs for £XXX when I've already said I'll only accept £YYY. You can't just auto-reject as this annoys the player - if I don't want to sell I ask for £100million, as players seem to be less annoyed when I negotiate rather than outright reject.

Board confidence I can live with but it definitely needs looking at for FM09.

Unable to sell middle-of-the-road players even for £0. I can do the £0 then £20m over 24 months thing for top players when I have too many in the squad, but surely I should be able to off-load Duff for £1m.

Finally, for everyone who hates the corner "bug":

Stop setting your best header to go forward and/or challenge GK. It's not hard.

Phew.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Khyron:

Having to deny that you're interested in a player...twice in a week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and thats the most annoying? get real makes it more realistc , how many times do you think clubs get asked about the same player in a week, once and then leave it at that, no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soccer Manager:

This was posted by tubbycrabs on 11/10/07 regarding annoyances.

I just saw this for the first time and cracked up laughing - it's so true - worth another look -

tubbycrabs posted on 11/10/07:

"You know what REALLY bugs me? When you can be dominating a team, having chance after chance and not scoring, only for the next highlight in the match to be them suddenly taking a freekick or corner (with no build up in the match engine to show you how they got to that stage) and scoring from it.

You can go through an entire match of chances for your team, only to have (for no apparent reason) the opposition suddenly getting a set-piece chance and invariably putting it away.

It works both ways, sure, I've had my fair share of set-pieces out of nowhere, but it more often than not is a trick that the opposition seem to be able to pull out of their asses at will.

I'd just like to see the build up to the chance, so I can work out how to prevent it.

Christ, it's irritating." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an Arsenal fan so I just thought the game was being realistic.

A player scoring his first goal for the club against you - always against you.

Or his first goal of a season when the season's almost over. An example, just finished playing against Salisbury (I'm Mangotsfield). The season is about two-thirds done. We go behind in the 11th minute, but it's the striker's first goal of the season, so I think 'Oh well, don't expect him to be doing much for the rest of the match.'

In the end he players a blinder, and scores all four goals in our 4-2 defeat. icon_confused.gif

Boring predictable media questions and attendances in the game. Still too many matches where the game fails to recognise that it is a match that should have a higher attendance such as a cup game or top of the table clash.

trying to find a goalkeeper that wont cost the earth! after searching a number of good - quality rank keepers i am going for 1 i have found on a bosman free cos i am not prepared to pay £20m for a keeper

this my player clears the ball.. their defender beat my striker in the air (acceptable) he then heads it a mile playing the perfect through ball to their striker.. one on one.. they score...

why cant my defender so that.. i think well he must be great.. after the game check his stats heading - 9

jumping - 11

passing- 6

creativity-2

how the **** did he pull that off??

well the striker scored a one on one thats good my keeper

one on one - 15

psitioning - 13

his striker

finishing - 10

composure - 9

must of been lucky

then blow me down.. it happens again..

then i finally get a break in the game

my good midfielder plays a perfect through ball almost as good as the header.. my striker gets there one on one ... saved....

my striker

finishing - 14

composure - 12

his keeper

one on ones - 11

positioning - 8

this happens alot !

What annoys me most about this game?

Having Real Madrid bid 12mil for a 36mil rated Vela, who has scored 30+ for the last three season and signed a new 5 year contract 4 days before that bid comes in. His enjoying life at the club, etc. Oh, and he just got a 20% rise in his new contract.

But that madrid bid? I look at it... and Vela wants to talk apparently. But I figure... his happy at the club, and since Madrid had made 3 huge transfers, I figured they probably didnt have much cash, going by my Arsenal budget (Which I figure is going to be as big if not bigger).

So I actually take a bit of a risk, and dont go for a stupidly impossibly high bid. I let them know his theres for 35mil up front, rising to 55mil with clauses.

Before Madrid even get back to me (Which they eventually do, saying they are no longer interested), Vela starts complaining about how no player should be forced to stay at a club against thier will.

Thats one of the things that annoys me. What also really annoys me is Madrid bidding 8mil for him 3 weeks after stating they arent interested.

It annoys me that no matter what tactics you play or how you try to change it your team still plays rubbish. I watch every match in the full match view and am pretty adept at countering tactics etc but there is the odd game where players will be unable to control the ball, tackle without fouling, pass to someone two yards away etc. Its like the game decides you're going to lose.

I wouldn't mind if I got outwitted tactically or the other team played really well. Its when I'm playing as a good team and they start playing like morons. Not as a team just basic schoolboy errors over and over till I want to smash the monitor.

Had to get that out! ha

scoring too much from corners.

AND my players stats randomly dropping despite top notch training facilities and full star coaching. if i reload and go over the same week they dropped the stats, they sometimes drop and sometimes don't... why for gods sake? why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhan:

It annoys me that no matter what tactics you......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get the same feeling!

It seems like the game is decided in advance. Something that worked one game before, suddenly don't work anymore, against same type of opposition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poolman321:

Although defenders might not have great ball control, at least once (usually more) in a game, they touch it over the line for a corner when under no pressure.Soooo annoying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also hate that icon_mad.gif

And when my defenders (well, maybe I should give them less creative freedom but players should still be smart enough to not do this) when in my own penalty area with the ball and 3 opposition players are running towards him, he just keeps running witht the ball and eventually he gets tackled and the opposition usually scores. Hate that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bearsy:

The truly ***** transfer system. Nothing will happen again in the next update, as its been the same since 99-00. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded.

icon14.gif (Beat me to it bearsy)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Khyron:

Having to deny that you're interested in a player...twice in a week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and thats the most annoying? get real makes it more realistc , how many times do you think clubs get asked about the same player in a week, once and then leave it at that, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the original point was a valid one. The media segments are too repetitive, and SI have clearly tried to cover this up by rotating the possible answers. I find them to be an annoyance, and whilst they make it realistic, they slow the game down.

what bugs me is in my current game. I win the portugese league 2 years running Treble in first season despite being tooted for a mid table finnished, had signed some very very good young players so over-achieved winning the league on a last day show down with leaders Porto who are a point infront, second season getting a double after seeing the challenge of Porto off in March which meant my younger non-starters could get a game. I hadnt lost to Porto in 8 matches going into the final game of the season and they beat me 6-3 which i accepted with good grace. What shocks me despite this their manager gets sacked, I get offered their managerial job, which i reject. The fans praise me to hell STILL NOT FAVORED PERSONEL though. So they appoint Luis Van Gaal. may have spelt that incorrect.

Going into third season i realise Porto have offloaded 5 of the 6 players that caused me problems and i would always change my system to cope with. All of them going abroad, in the same window i sold an AM/F C to Sporting. He never offered my club much, he had a bit of ability to get past a player but would never score, and often missed open goals after skinning the keeper, so when a bid of £4million came in i had to accept as it was a profit of £2.5million which allowed me to bring in Caio a young brazilian striker with pace, tricker and a good scoring record. I also loan a mediocare player in January to Olypiacos. by Febuary almost all his technical stats are 17+ if only his mental and physical go up when he returns hes a first team star. However the player who i sold to Sporting has propelled them 4 points ahead of me, admitedly it aint my best season having drawing 7 games, but he couldnt score for love nor money for me, very slow compousre and average finishing yet he scores nearly 1.5 goals per game at sporting. Its got to the stage where second is where i plan on staying now because i dont meet Sporting again in the league and since my second season in Portugal they have had a very solid defence, mainly of players i rivaled to get so they dont concead many and with my old bum now becoming super striker i just dont see them slipping up 4 points.

It just winds me up that its a player who never got over an average rating of 5.68 in his two seasons with my club now his average is the best in the league.

Already mentioned, but teams who have played sh*t for 80 minutes or so and have hardly managed to string two passes together, suddenly playing like Super Heroes?

We are all football fans here(i should think?), so we should all be aware of what really happens IRL when a side is trying to claw back a 1 goal deficit late in a game.

They DO NOT, pussyfoot around with the ball trying to play wonderful 1 touch footie(especially if they have been dire for the last 80 minutes?), what they DO, is get as many players forward as possible at the risk of a counter attack and hope they will get a nod on or a bit of luck with the ball falling to one of their own players in and around the box?

This is why when the AI goes 4-2-4 people get so frustrated?, teams IRL do go 4-2-4 and even 2-3-5 when looking for a late goal, but they dont start playing beautiful attractive football as they do in FM?, its just a series of long punts upfield into areas packed with your players hoping for a bit of luck?

Its no wonder so many FM'ers get so completely outraged when they lose/draw in this manner?

not being able to sell any players.

transfer 'negotiations' where the AI keeps raising the asking price.

success seeming random (two different games, same team, same tactics, roughly the same players, once the team was UEFA cup form, the other possble relegation candidates)

But mainly FM going from something that I enjoyed to play for fun, being able to go through a season in a weekend and being a game.

Now I feel like i need to study every minute detail, critically evaluate every decision statistically analyse every when, why, what in it and that now it's a frustrating simulation rather than a game.

There are so many things that enoy me between constant tranfer speculation, drawing with teams like derby after demolishing chelsea.

thers the constant enquireis on half my team, those crap players that are too determined to leave, the way chelsea and other big clus on my game play 4-3-3 they get like 20 midfielders 15 wingers and 5 strikers and somehow they keep them all happy and win every game but when i mix it up abit with a little of rotation my team play like headless chickens....

the way form means nothing on the game e.g The way agbonlahor scores 20+ goals for relegation side aston villa so i sighn him and his incredible pace the only problem is he walks every were and never uses his pace and then it works it out on stats in which he has crap stats... so i sell him and he gets 20+ goals at a team like sunderland. The way crap teams with crap managers refuse to let there gems of a players go.

when 17th place liverpool play me and match me in every area depsite there crap form then play derby and loose.

quick question whats more important when going to play a game Form (what it should be)Stats (what it seems to be) tactics which require too much tinkering to adjust to the weather

The never ever positive board. I can never please them. I deliberately loaned a reserve centre back with no intention of playing him so they don't have to say my attacking midfielder was a terrible purchase for the fifth consecutive month! Of course, my board's now moaning about the centre back icon_rolleyes.gif

i agree rancer. I bought Nigel de Jong who went straight into the first team, played brillant board praised him one month his performances improve and then they say he was a terrible buy. I dont get it

The match engine looks fantastic until you get into the game and your players just have no urgency or interest to go forward. They then stand there while a 33 year old with 5 for pace and dribbling bursts through unchallenged and smashes the ball right through the middle of the keepers stomach.

Also as stated before, defenders booting the ball out for a corner when the nearest opposition player is 25 yards away. The nice little knockdown headers the defenders do to their strikers that they then power home.

Lost count of how many times I look on here for tips and start a new game only to quit after 10 matches.

FM7 all the way for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Do you really want to know what annoys me? DO YOU!?!?

I wake up everyday just to see my son play FM, waiting to be sent to school.

Then while in the car, he plays it on the PSP and asks for my "Wise advice"

He goes to school, I take his PSP. I play FM in the parking lot. I go into a berserk of swears (good thing the car is tinted). Then eat my wife-made sandwich. I so love my wife.

Then "Oooops, I'm going to be late for work!" Save game, and drive to work, thinking "How the fu** did I not win that game with 38 shots on goal!"

I get to the office. Open my computer, then open FM, just to update myself on how I was doing. Then I contribute something on the forum, then work for 3 hours, with 15 minutes of FM per hour. (With the alt-tab technique). I can't get FM out of my head for less than 30 minutes!

Boss passes by, asks quietly "how much did you buy Billy Sharp? He any good?" WTF? First my son, now my boss!?

Lunch time, I transfer save file to my laptop. Go to Star Bucks and have meat bread and coffee. I open my laptop,; Friends join me: "You still playing 4-4-2?" We trade laptops, and they comment "Your team sucks man, we're already in Europe!"

"If I cheated like the good old days, I'd kick your butt any day, get off my back!"

Lunch is over. Save, and transfer to desktop. Contribute again in the forums. Then work for another 6 hours. Again, 15 minutes per hour.

My secretary comes in and catches me playing FM everyday! She refuses to knock when I'm playing, but knocks when I'm not. WTF!??!? She talks to me and whatever then says "You have a weird hobby sir" - Crap, how dare she calls this weird. But I forgive the 60 year old grand ma.

Wife picks son from school. Son calls "Dad don't forget the PSP!" Wa... I hope I didn't break it, or threw it out of the car or something. I always forget where I leave it, and fear what I did to it. But its always in the car... thankfully still intact.

Bell rings, work over. Save file again. Transfer to laptop. Go into car. Check for PSP. Play the PSP and again, berserk of swears.

Then "Ooops, its getting late. Don't want wife to worry". Drive home with a hot head thinking "Unhappy? UNHAPPY!?!? You earn 50,000 pounds a week and you're unhappy!?!?"

Come home. Have dinner. Help son with homework. Then wife uses my laptop, son uses my desktop. Left the PSP in the car. Too lazy to get it. All play FM.

Would you believe my wife spends more time in the forums than playing the game? No kidding!

9pm, send son to bed.

10pm, send wife to bed. Then play FM on desktop.

11pm... sleep? Just one more game...

12am... oh crap... I said just one more game! Force myself to sleep.

Repeat process the next day. And this happens every day. Weekends is family time... with abit of FM.

Annoying enough! I hate loving FM!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post! icon_smile.gif

Patches that include data updates! Why? I dont want transfer updates from the january transfer window being made in the previous summer -its ridiculous. The game should be a 'snapshot' of a specific period in time, I.E. JUne/July of the season its relasesd for.

I hate joining a club and seeing that there are already a shed load of summer transfers made, meaning the 3-6 players i sign will total maybe 10-15 new signings and debuts. Plus its a bit unrealistic if I want to sell these new signings as soon as I arrive.

Come on SI, give us back the patches WITHOUT data updates! Im playing an older version of the game now simply because i dont like the data updates for the last patch!

Poor presentation of special matches. Playing a Champs League Final looks/feels no different to playing some obscure lower league match. That is rubbish and should perhaps have been addressed a long time ago.

Basic logic errors (board confidence etc.)

I wonder if SI actually create a game design doc before the game is in development and review said document. Lots of the game appears to have been made in isolation from other modules/team member thinking.

Its a great game, but oh my the easier/obvious things to fix/improve bug the hell out of me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

A player scoring his first goal for the club against you - always against you.

Or his first goal of a season when the season's almost over. An example, just finished playing against Salisbury (I'm Mangotsfield). The season is about two-thirds done. We go behind in the 11th minute, but it's the striker's first goal of the season, so I think 'Oh well, don't expect him to be doing much for the rest of the match.'

In the end he players a blinder, and scores all four goals in our 4-2 defeat. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, I feel your pain - always '1st goal of...' against me. It gets pretty irritating, they've included players who've played all season, 16 year olds being thrown in at the deep end, or just someone who is that awful they'd never conceivably score against anyone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Box:-

Patches that include data updates! Why? I dont want transfer updates from the january transfer window being made in the previous summer -its ridiculous. The game should be a 'snapshot' of a specific period in time, I.E. JUne/July of the season its relasesd for.

I hate joining a club and seeing that there are already a shed load of summer transfers made, meaning the 3-6 players i sign will total maybe 10-15 new signings and debuts. Plus its a bit unrealistic if I want to sell these new signings as soon as I arrive.

Come on SI, give us back the patches WITHOUT data updates! Im playing an older version of the game now simply because i dont like the data updates for the last patch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might be misinterpreting your point and if I am apologies, but can't you just start a new game using the original database?

Archived