Wants a new challenge.

Is this a lost cause once this message shows up?

I have two of my first choice central defenders with this. One has two years left and the other only one year. Problem is that their values are really low for players of such quality so I can't sell them and replace them with that cash.

Has anyone has experience of getting players back on side once this message has come up?

I also had a similar situation on my City save. Arshavin, Veloso and Moutinho all wanted a new challenge after our first season even though we'd won the premiership and FA cup. Luckily they were on four year contracts and i forced them to stay.

Another season and a treble of the premiership, league cup and champions league and they were happy enough to sign on for another healthy long contract.

i had a 19-year-old striker in my team when I won promotion from Ligue 2, and he said he didn't want to extend. I was quite worried because he was by far my best player and I knew I'd need him in the top division. Thankfully, he decided to sign a new contract in the second half of June, when I had basically given up on him. He's been with us ever since, we've won all kind of trophies and he's approaching 150 league goals for the team.

So a happy ending definitely is possible :)

It's a weird one, usually a player would like to be put on the transfer list if he wants a new challenge, but i find if i set the player on not needed by club + Transfer list him for a couple of days then take him off, he will usually accept a new contract and decideds he doesn't want to move anymore, works for me anyway...

In my experience, although they'll still play perfectly well you're very unlikely to be able to get them to sign a new contract and do risk losing them for £0 at the end of their current one.

In the past, with some younger players, I've actually sold them on and then bought them back a season or two later.

Archived