Should you be allowed interact with referees

Ferguson does it too fwiw. Pot, kettle. And I'm not a Liverpool fan.

I think it would be a limited feature, and I wouldn't use it- much like manager interaction, I think it would be a "stab in the dark and probably lose" feature.

You guys have missed the most impressive usage - by David Moyes.

"I've been told that the ref's a Utd supporter, but I don't want to make a big fuss about it...."

Cue Man Utd being turned down for a penalty, and Everton through to the final.

Thing is - it would be hard to balance in-game. Too many people complain about their inability to have suspensions rescinded on appeal (which barely ever happens IRL) and you'd get the same thing - if you could easily influence the ref, it would be unrealistic, but if he barely ever swung your way, it would be derided.

a lot of managers try to influence referees through the media so its probably a good idea, for example ferguson kept going on about ronaldo getting no protection from referees which he said could force him out of the epl when everyone knows he's a diver. What happened? Referees felt pressured and started giving ronaldo more free kicks.

As part of the referee interaction perhaps you could be more involved with the FA instead of just getting a bollocking from them or them simply remaining silent which I think is the games way of saying you were right and the ref got it wrong.

Maybe you could have a kind of question and answer type of thing where you explain your problems with the issue and explain calmly why you think the referee was wrong. I think something like this would be especially useful when a player has either been seriously injured or perhaps been given a controversial red card.

It would be nice to be able to interact with the referee if they have made a mistake just a bit of interacion with 2 choices, Either let off steam and rant on about the Ref or to stick up for him and say Referees have a difficult job. There as been plenty of times on Fm where i have wanted to give the referee a piece of my mind! ha ha

Neil Warnock is not abiding by the new rule ha ha. He was at it again tonight after the match about the referee not giving them a penatly

It was in the last minute,He said he was only a yard away! I mean how far away does he have to be to see it? You know if thats the bloody deal at their ground its a penatly. Its a disgrace.

Our player was booked and Its the same as Wayne Bridge, Why did he not get booked for that foul on Victor Moses, Have they changed the rules for bookings on their team? Its a disgrace!

I mean the penatly decision was in stoppage time at the end, It would not have made no difference to his team being knocked out of the cup. If it is illegal to talk about referees now, Surely he will be fined?

I mean the penatly decision was in stoppage time at the end, It would not have made no difference to his team being knocked out of the cup. If it is illegal to talk about referees now, Surely he will be fined?

It's just for before the match you can't talk about them to stop manager swaying them one way or the other. Decisions can be talked about after the match I believe.

It's just for before the match you can't talk about them to stop manager swaying them one way or the other. Decisions can be talked about after the match I believe.

I see, Thats a good new rule. Kevin Blackwell tried that against us last season, Playing mind games with the referee before the match saying he should not have been appointed because of decisions he had made against his team in the past.

It appears that Blackwell is upset at his failure to have Dean replaced for the Wembley game and so has resorted to airing his views about him in an attempt to apply pressure on the Wirral official for the game. Blackwell’s desire not to have a referee he thinks is against him.

At least managers can still say how they feel about the officials after the game. ;)

I see, Thats a good new rule. Kevin Blackwell tried that against us last season, Playing mind games with the referee before the match saying he should not have been appointed because of decisions he had made against his team in the past.

Typical Sheff Utd cheating tbh :D

I would like the option to say ' that referee was a ****ing disgrace, why the **** have my team come out of that game with 9 yellow cards from 15 fouls?! I have a player with a broken leg after a vicious two footed challenge which warranted a ****ing talking to?!?! You've got to be insane. '

(the above is an accurate representation of an actual match)

Archived