Takeover time

Mine took 3 months with Atletico Madrid my own fault for spending a bit too much in the transfer market. I was eventually taken over had money pumped into the club, and had a rich transfer status. Kept on as Manager despite the new chairman having business interests in holland he wanted to appoint Frank Rijkard as manager.

6 Seasons in, and i've won everything, retained the CL 5 times, the WCC 5 times and the league 5 times. :)

My club is in takeover talks, but it's currently pre-season and we're now in a transfer embargo, so right before the new season, I've not been able to bring any new players in! What great timing! I'm hoping it gets sorted sooner rather than later - I don't want to wait til January to sign a new striker! This is the third time I've been involved in a possible takeover, I'm hoping this time it actually goes through (and I don't get sacked by the new owners!)

• 2 weeks later...

I really wonder if there is a maximum. I'm managing AZ Alkmaar and I'm currently in a takeover for 6 months. I couldn't buy any players in January and if it's going to take longer I'm probably also not able to buy players in pre-season. The stream of message about the takeover has also stopped the last four month. Fingers crossed.

This Happend Too Me With Raith Rovers, The 2nd Div Season Was Coming Too An End And I Had Won The Title Board Decide For a Takeover And It Dragged On For Most Of My Div 1 Season, So I Had The Same Players That 1 Me The 2nd But Were Not Good Enough For Div 1 Thankfully I Stayed Up And The Takeover Was Completed, Was Took Over By Some Mexican Guy Pumped Loads Of Money Into My Club And I Went Onto Stroll Div 1

Mine lasted four months from the moment a transfer embargo was put on and the moment it was completed. Bit annoying really since it covered nearly all of the transfer window.

As a Pompey fan though, I'm used to it by now.

Could be worse, be a Newcastle fan like me! Then you'll find out what waiting is all about! ;)

Archived