another fm 2010 suggestion

im sure someone else has thought of this but just incase.

the option to loan back the player when you sign them. clubs been doing this for a while.

teams like arsenal will buy from clubs like spartak moscow , say a 16 yr old, loan him back for a year, and then the 2nd year he will come to arsenal.

its a good idea, because you need to keep your young players playing to fulfill their potential.

I agree would be a good idea, sick of signing players who then refuse to go on loan because they have just signed but don't have a chance to be in your first team. You can delay the transfer to the end of your season but thats useless if they aren't in the selling clubs 1st team as they are better off with you and getting better training.

I like this idea as well but unless its one of the new features that we don't know about yet then I think its far too late for inclusion in FM2010. Perhaps they can maybe include it in a patch though!

Another similar feature would be the option of agreeing a nominal fee for the immidiate transfer of a player that you have already agreed a future bosman transfer with. This is also happening in real life.

I'd like this option put in to and also the option to do a double transfer deal when some clubs buy two players from the same club for a combined fee like man utd recently done with Tosic & ljajic

Yes!!

im sure someone else has thought of this but just incase.

the option to loan back the player when you sign them. clubs been doing this for a while.

teams like arsenal will buy from clubs like spartak moscow , say a 16 yr old, loan him back for a year, and then the 2nd year he will come to arsenal.

its a good idea, because you need to keep your young players playing to fulfill their potential.

Definitely, would help LLM's and also solve the problem of not being able to loan youngsters out

Why can't you just change the transfer date?

If I have an ageing player who I think only has one good season left in him, I sign his replacement at the beginning of the season, but put the transfer date to the end of the season - that way he starts learning English (if he needs to) but continues to get playing time at his club, and joins me when the my older player is ready to step into the wings.

I don't see how this is any different to loaning him back for a season - and it's less fiddly. The AI never care about what transfer date you set, whereas negotiating the loan terms could go wrong - and with the delayed transfer date, they pay 100% of his wages, no questions asked.

I'd like this option put in to and also the option to do a double transfer deal when some clubs buy two players from the same club for a combined fee like man utd recently done with Tosic & ljajic

Combined fees are very rarely combined. Do you really think United wouldn't have been able to sign one if the other refused terms?

• 1 month later...

now, there's a couple of other things I'd love to see added to the game, mainly to the business dimension. i know tactics, training, etc. are key, but i'm one of the players who like to see a club as a potentially profitable business (this is why i never play man city). so, here goes:

#1. loan as a part of the deal - happens in the real world; you sell/buy a player but on top of the price one club chips in a loan of its player. makes sense in many situations, e.g., you need an experienced player for the season, until your promising youngster is good enough to play first team. or your long-term prospect gets a long-term injury. a buying club would then be much more likely to loan out a player otherwise not available for a loan. also, it may reduce the cash price tag, so it may be a good option for teams with a long bench, but limited transfer budget.

#2. why players on loan cannot be tutors? i'd like to get some players on loan primarily for their mental attributes. it's a waste i can't use their potential as mentors to young players.

#3. loans (i mean loaning/repaying money) - i know it's an issue usually dealt with by the board. but the minimum that could be done is an option to make a recommendation by the head coach to the board in financial matters. e.g., why would a club that is full of cash maintain a 20-year loan and keep paying interest on it instead of accelerating the repayment? or adjusting the repayment term (i.e., paying higher installments but for a shorter period of time)? on the other hand, as the game stands right now, there's no way to suggest to the board that they get more capital (take a loan or pump in own money) other than by asking them to give additional funds for transfers/salaries. and this almost never works. a short-term loan could also work, e.g., when you bought players for cash and sold some in a 24-month installments deal - you're more than sure to face a serious cashflow problems.

#4. sponsorship deals - let's say i'm running a championship club that has every chance to get promoted to the premier division by the end of the season. if the existing sponsorship deal is about to expire, the board is gonna sign a new, lousy deal for 4 or 5 years instead of waiting and signing a new deal after the promotion. this is a stupid, stupid way to waste money.

#5. transfer amounts - there's been a great improvement in this area since when i started playing. but some things could still be made better. ONE, when i'm selling a player or offering him for a loan, all or almost all teams will come back with exactly the same amount (alright, there are some differences, e.g., immediate payment vs. installments & percentage of future sale/profit). if i have 10 potential buyers, then surely one or two must have a higher reservation price (or percentage of salary they're willing to pay) than others? TWO, i've noticed that buying players from financially distressed clubs is only slightly easier than from those with secure finances. when you're running out of the red ink, you should be willing to offload some top earners, and at a discount. but i don't see that much in the game.

Archived