80 percent sell on(player named)

was it an already pre set deal in the game?

well in real life i only know one bizzare occurence like this which is worse

-when Dinamo Buc. (Romania) bought Gabriel Torje (a very good prospect in fm too ;)) Fc Timisoara included such things in the transfer :

A) 50%sell on clause

B) Dinamo is ought to pay more then 2 mill euros if they can't sell him by 2011 to a foreign club

now thats a bad bussines

It could be a way of dealing with a Tevez-like situation where a company owns most of the player rather than the club.

I was going to suggest this. I'm sure Mascherano had a clause like this at some point when he was in the game at West Ham.

I would expect this to be pre-coded in the game.

Irl deals are common with third party investors who might even get 100% of any transfer fee, especially in South America. But those are way too complicated to have them in the game, so I'm happy with the 50% max option. In deals between clubs these are hardly ever exceeded.

In Iberia and South America this is extremely common, selling a % only of a player. Pretty much every big player is owned in part by the club and in part by a few corporations. Sadly this is not implemented in FM, so the club that owns the larger % doesn't get to decide anything as they do IRL, they just get a sell-on clause. sucks.

Archived