Highest points total without winning league?

i just finished my first season as chelsea (update 9.3) and finished with 92 points, only to have man u finish on 95...slightly annoying, and its not the first time, ive finished with 94 points as man city only to be beaten by chelsea...

was wondering if anyone else has had anything similar?

Was in my FM08 game, was 2012/13 season, finished top with Forest in League 1 with 105 points, coventry 2nd with 100. The top 5 all beat the previous points record, and in any previous season the top 6 could of gone up automatically with the points they gained.

In the season I have just finished with Arsenal I only lost one league game all season, ending up with 91 points, but still lost out on the title by two points to Manchester United.

2009/10 Premier League Table

Ooo my god :D:D:D

i just made this in my man utd save no kidding, very funny

i played a game a couple of hours yestarday, and finished just like that, and even more funny that the third placed chelsea also had 70+ something points :))))

wierdest thing ever seen in this forum (which includes my own findings )

i suppose the problem with teams having such good players (as the best usually migrate to the league being played) is that you end up with unrealistic points totals!!

i guess the game cant handle it, after all its just playing out one set of statistics against another!?

and then if the game were altered to cap points totals then that would be even worse!!

i suppose the problem with teams having such good players (as the best usually migrate to the league being played) is that you end up with unrealistic points totals!!

i guess the game cant handle it, after all its just playing out one set of statistics against another!?

and then if the game were altered to cap points totals then that would be even worse!!

I think a lot of the problems stem from how rich the clubs get - Man City's reserves are often a premiership-standard team if they go on a big buying binge. I often see them selling their 5th-choice dm to go and be 1st choice at other big clubs like Barca or Man Utd.

When all the big clubs get rich, they just horde more and more good players that they don't need - on smaller databases, this completely kills off their opposition.

Archived