Nicknames

Can be useful if any players have a particular name

ie. Paul Gascoigne - Gazza

But I can't think of many "actual" nicknames these days. I mean, Gazza was official. Newspapers used it, newsreaders used it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

steven gerrard - stevie g

wayne rooney - wazza

ronaldinho - ronnie

anthony gerrard - gezza

ronaldo - fatty icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worst nicknames ever. So was Gazza, but his personailty overrides that. Even "Big Al" or "Big Ron" was better than those lot :p

I use it mostly for staff, Have their primary role in brackets, such as (Yth Scout), (Att Coach) - it helps when it comes to renewing contracts if you are ***** with names, especially the names of 'the little people' at your club icon_smile.gif

I sometimes do it if i buy some foreign obscure player who has a particularly difficult name. I'll shorten it Brazilian style.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

wayne rooney - wazza

ronaldinho - ronnie

anthony gerrard - gezza

Worst nicknames ever. So was Gazza, but his personailty overrides that. Even "Big Al" or "Big Ron" was better than those lot :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont use those nicknames!!!

you just said you cant think of any 'actual' nicknames that the media use.

Scouting reports. I'll add several marks to the end of a player's names to mark threats or potential signings. This is useful also when facing other teams so that you can see their stronger players. Example:

Player name [+] = Player is a good signing (better than a current player

Player name [~] = Player is equal

Player name [-] = Player is worse

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

wayne rooney - wazza

ronaldinho - ronnie

anthony gerrard - gezza

Worst nicknames ever. So was Gazza, but his personailty overrides that. Even "Big Al" or "Big Ron" was better than those lot :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The English have never been good for nicknames!

Think about Brazil, they have good nicknames like Ronaldinho and Pele, we have... Wazza.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harryseaess:

I seem to remember that Jordi Cruyff used to have 'Jordi' on his shirt instead of Cruyff becuase he didn't want to be associated with his dad or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that he didn't want to be associated with him, I mean that is true in a way, but more accurately - he wanted to forge his own career, rather than rest of the laurels of the name of his father icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razner:

Scouting reports. I'll add several marks to the end of a player's names to mark threats or potential signings. This is useful also when facing other teams so that you can see their stronger players. Example:

Player name [+] = Player is a good signing (better than a current player

Player name [~] = Player is equal

Player name [-] = Player is worse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An alternative would be to put their 'star rating' in their nickname. Eg razner *** to remind you how good your coaches reckon they are. Never actually done that myself tbh, but handy when you're getting to grips with a new team or go mad with transfers.

Back in the days of CM 00/01 I used it occasionally for Brazilian regens with double and triple barrelled names. Made it easier to remember who they were. I've got a mate who names his defenders "chopper" or his star striker "Mr Smooth" or whatever, but that's simply not my bag.

Back in the days of CM 00/01 I used it occasionally for Brazilian regens with double and triple barrelled names. Made it easier to remember who they were. I've got a mate who names his defenders "chopper" or his star striker "Mr Smooth" or whatever, but that's simply not my bag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harryseaess:

I seem to remember that Jordi Cruyff used to have 'Jordi' on his shirt instead of Cruyff becuase he didn't want to be associated with his dad or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that he didn't want to be associated with him, I mean that is true in a way, but more accurately - he wanted to forge his own career, rather than rest of the laurels of the name of his father icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, thats what I mean't mate, but you put it better icon_smile.gif.

I have a habit of buying far too many brazillians, at the moment i have 3 Thiagos in the team, the barcelona player, another and a thiago `Heleno, Ive gone for double names, just to split them apart.

In [previous games say cm4 I brought to Diegos, one who is not at Wender Bremen ansd some other guy who never made it, on enede up as Diego Jose and the one at bremen (I think) was Diego ribas, thos to made a fantastic AMC/FC partnership.

Archived