Don't feel like i have had my value for money :(

Meh, I always start unemployed, apply for the first job that comes available at some Lower League Club (Usually in England). And then try to make the team almost invincible after many many seasons. Keeps me going for quite some time.

And then I got the feeling for personal succes. Another game I'll start is the same actually, but more leagues, start at some lower league foreign club, and work my way up to become manager of Barcelona.

That keeps me busy.

Wait till around Christmas time and see if you can buy it at a discount? Or just wait till February and buy it after the last patch has been released and the price might be even lower by then. That way you won't feel the need to spend that much money since it seems that's what your problem is. It is possible that you are growing out of the series as well, which is normal.

I do understand where you're coming from when you say you get bored quickly. It took me a while to get a decent game out of it.

I'm currently in 2011 now, doing relatively well and enjoying it. I hope things keep up. Plus I did what I wanted which was get Newcastle out of the Championship and fighting for Europe. It's the sense of achievement.

I feel the OP on this one, I have played for around 70 hours and I just can't get into this years version. I enjoyed it when I played 06-08 but this years just doesnt do it for me. Not every video game can be great every year and I am hoping that FM 10 will bring back my joy.

I think the OP needs to clarify the difference between entertainment and value for money. The OP certainly has had value for money, but value for money doesn't always equal entertainment.

I cant say that i've not had a good save out of it, because i've had four, Atletico Madrid, Sunderland, Manchester United and Nottingham Forest, and im now on with Notts County until FM10 comes out.

It is a bit weird but I feel a bit the same when comparing it to 08 gameplay hours. I too have played FM 09 alot around 200 hours but it compares nothing to FM 2008 which i played into the 1000's and that is just what I had when I played with xfire running. Don't get me wrong I like FM 09 I think it is a good game and better than 08 but for some reason I play a match and it doesn't matter if its win, draw or lose I just think nah can't be bothered and turn it off. Something which didn't happen to often with the previous versions of the game. Hoping FM 10 brings back that sort of addictive feeling I used to have.

the longest save i've ever had was 17 seasons with cm2 96/97

i had about 10 years with liverpool then jumped to arsenal for the next 7.

it was at that point that my team suddenly couldn't win agame to save their lives (that point usually happend in the 2nd/3rd season but i had a good run this time) and there didn't seem to be any sound reason for it so i gave up and moved to arsenal.

the longest save i've had since then tends to be around 5 seasons.

I'd say any game that gets you to play it for 200 hours is value for money

I think for an fm game that sucks.

Fm (and CM before) should and used to be about long term play - decade after decade - taking your team from nothingness all the way to the top. That is what got people hooked on the series. If you don't realise this then I have no hope for future versions.

Playing a game for 200 hours is nothing if it's not fun.

Lastability is just one small part in a game's value. Other things like graphics and sound play a part too.

Not always, he could have played it and had some fun but mostly frustrating. I think its more he isnt getting his entertainment value, and I understand this. I do not like this version of FM at all but if you have played for over 200 hours then you got value for money just not entertainment for money.

Archived