Broken ME? Not a Tactical Discussion.

Why is it nearly every match that is reported on the league news screen has either the description "The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither side able to keep the errors out of their game", or "some particularly poor defending and a number of mistakes contributed to a high scoring game."

Is this a case of the wording being wrong in the report or is it because the ME is actually "broken"?

If the case is that the wording the game uses to describe things is wrong then why is it wrong? Team-talks and press conferences already suffer from this sort of thing which gives an idea to the user that what they say means one thing when infact it means the complete opposite (I only found out about 6 months ago that saying pleased at half-time is basically telling your players to go and have a nap in the second half). I find this totally inexcuseable since the main language of this game is English and that the main language of alot of the SI staff working on this game will be English.

Before there are the usual "its your tactics" posts i'd like to say errors are not tactical issues, Placing my D-Line too high and leaving their pacey striker space to run into is a tactical issue, basic passing the ball too far infront or too far behind a player, miscontrolling the ball, ignoring the ball when it is infront of a player and other basic errors are nothing at all to do with my tactics. If it is correct that these errors are happening in most games then my question again is why? Is it the 3D representation that is making the errors easier to see? I've heard some people say the ME has said player A didn't get the ball but the 3D showed it they got the ball and passed it straight out for a throw-in, if the 3D wasn't ready then why was it released?

I've been signed off my work for the last 4 weeks, i've got this week then i'm back to work so i've had plenty time to play FM but I can't really say i'm going to miss the game once I go back, before I was signed off i'd played it about 5 nights in 3 months which to me says alot about this game, i've been playing for 10 years and this is the first game that I can't actually say "I love this game", I like the game but there is something that is holding me back from enjoying it as much as I have done all the other releases.

Are you in LLM, or using a tactic that stifles the number of chances for both teams (this is for "not for the purists", as I only see that one with low scoring games)? Either of these could cause the following. As Andriko says the game has a limited number of media responses so a lot of repetition is inevitable.

Personally I get a lot of "crushed the opposition" articles (even on 2-0 or 2-1), as I have set my tactics as an attacking formation with a lot of chances both half and full.

Why is it nearly every match that is reported on the league news screen has either the description "The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither side able to keep the errors out of their game", or "some particularly poor defending and a number of mistakes contributed to a high scoring game."

Is this a case of the wording being wrong in the report or is it because the ME is actually "broken"?

If the case is that the wording the game uses to describe things is wrong then why is it wrong? Team-talks and press conferences already suffer from this sort of thing which gives an idea to the user that what they say means one thing when infact it means the complete opposite (I only found out about 6 months ago that saying pleased at half-time is basically telling your players to go and have a nap in the second half). I find this totally inexcuseable since the main language of this game is English and that the main language of alot of the SI staff working on this game will be English.

Before there are the usual "its your tactics" posts i'd like to say errors are not tactical issues, Placing my D-Line too high and leaving their pacey striker space to run into is a tactical issue, basic passing the ball too far infront or too far behind a player, miscontrolling the ball, ignoring the ball when it is infront of a player and other basic errors are nothing at all to do with my tactics. If it is correct that these errors are happening in most games then my question again is why? Is it the 3D representation that is making the errors easier to see? I've heard some people say the ME has said player A didn't get the ball but the 3D showed it they got the ball and passed it straight out for a throw-in, if the 3D wasn't ready then why was it released?

I've been signed off my work for the last 4 weeks, i've got this week then i'm back to work so i've had plenty time to play FM but I can't really say i'm going to miss the game once I go back, before I was signed off i'd played it about 5 nights in 3 months which to me says alot about this game, i've been playing for 10 years and this is the first game that I can't actually say "I love this game", I like the game but there is something that is holding me back from enjoying it as much as I have done all the other releases.

I don't get this problem. Match reports seem to be fairly realistic and varied from my experience.

Sometimes basic errors are caused by asking too much of a player in the tactics. For example if you play a high tempo, short passing game, an average clogger isn't going to be able to keep up with this, and will shank his passes and make a lot of mistakes. It's exaggerated by the ME certainly, but they have to show you somehow.

I can't comment on the 3D view as I still use 2D myself (out of choice I might add), but if you want to see a pitch view that doesn't reflect what's happening have a go on FMH someday, it's quite hilarious :D

Don't pay attention, it dosn't seem to mean anything anyway. Its just part of the 'media' element to the game with about 5 or 6 standard paragraphs reused over and over. After a few hours of playing I stopped reading them.

If that's so then why can't they have more than about 10 match descriptions? I think that's pretty poor to be honest.

Are you in LLM, or using a tactic that stifles the number of chances for both teams (this is for "not for the purists", as I only see that one with low scoring games)? Either of these could cause the following. As Andriko says the game has a limited number of media responses so a lot of repetition is inevitable.

Personally I get a lot of "crushed the opposition" articles (even on 2-0 or 2-1), as I have set my tactics as an attacking formation with a lot of chances both half and full.

No I've had two different saves, one in the EPL with Spurs and one in La Liga with Barcelona and i'd say my tactics were both pretty attacking. What i'm saying though is that it isn't just matches involving my team it's the rest of the league matches as well so is there a problem with the ME?

Sometimes basic errors are caused by asking too much of a player in the tactics. For example if you play a high tempo, short passing game, an average clogger isn't going to be able to keep up with this, and will shank his passes and make a lot of mistakes. It's exaggerated by the ME certainly, but they have to show you somehow.

I can't comment on the 3D view as I still use 2D myself (out of choice I might add), but if you want to see a pitch view that doesn't reflect what's happening have a go on FMH someday, it's quite hilarious :D

But surely not every team can be playing high tempo with short passing? It seems to me it's either what Andriko says and that the same paragraphs are recycled over and over or there is a serious problem in the ME.

Archived