Discrimination between Digital and DVD version : I hope SEGA will think it

I have a thought recently. I bought FM09 from Steam. I am planning to do the same for FM10 too because in my country retail release is done by SEGA after 8/9 months of actual release.

Now retail DVD comes with both windows and Mac version if I've not mistaken. Next year I am planning to move out of Windows to MAC. I do play only two games and those two are available in MAC (FM-series and The SIMs).

Now If I had bought retail DVD for FM09 (or in future FM10) I can easily install the Mac version from the DVD. But for Steam vesion I am stuck with windows-only version. So is there anyway I can get a Mac version of the FM09 game using proof of purchase of Steam-version? Is it possible?

Another question related to this:

Since SI/Sega already providing downloads of Digital Installers for both Windows/Mac version here, they can also sell valid serial keys through their site. In that case we don't need to take hassles of Steam/importing discs etc. We can simply download and burn it to DVD.

My concern is, I need to install Steam (I am not against Steam though) only for this game. Retail release in my country always done 8/9 months after UK release. So this way I can get the game sooner than I expect. Just a thought.

Steam its only made to work with windows ,thats why it doesn't come with mac version of the game

what you can do is

download the digital mac version on this tread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=107986

and use your key with it wen asked ;)

to see your cd key with steam , open steam -> right click FM 2009 -> view game Cd key

That link actually doesn't seem to work. I spent a good 6-7 hours looking for a Mac digital download, and I can't find one. Nothing in that thread that still works, nothing anywhere else.

Furthermore, I don't see where you can just buy a serial key for the Mac, either. It's all fine and well if you have the Steam version and thus a key, but it doesn't help if you just have a Mac digital download does it?

Oh that's genius. I dl'd it just to test, and you buy the license inside the game. That's brilliant.

Really? I already downloaded the installers but didn't install it yet since I have it installed it through Steam.

So next time If I download FM10 from this site and then I can be able to purchase license from inside the installer? Great news man. Hats off to you SEGA and SI!

sendit.com

They accept international orders for a £ 2.35 charge. Last year it took about 10 days to be delivered in Brazil.

Thanks for your suggestion.

what about import duty? India does impose an import duty. :(

I have roughly calculated that my disc could cost me around $53 (using conversion rate) - so I would buy it off from Steam for the serial key and get the digital installers from sega to make my own non-Steam game DVD. :D

For that they need to make the digital installer available near the beginning. I dunno if they did that for 09 on mac?

I am looking for mac version because I am planning to switch to mac next year. I am still on windows. :)

Anyway, This year's digital installer was available around march (based on topic date). Thats pretty late :(. Let's hope scene changes this year.

Thanks for your suggestion.

what about import duty? India does impose an import duty. :(

I have roughly calculated that my disc could cost me around $53 (using conversion rate) - so I would buy it off from Steam for the serial key and get the digital installers from sega to make my own non-Steam game DVD. :D

Oh, I didn't think about import duty. In Brazil we don't have import taxes for itens like books or cd/dvds.

I like to own the box anyway. I also only play two games, FM and Simcity, and I like to see them on my shelf.

Archived