FM 2010 digital download

Would anyone from Si be able to confirm if Football Manager 2010 will be available for digital download at a reduced price?

Eidos are offering their Championship Manager 2010 product for download priced at £2.50. Whilst I don't expect Football Manager to be made available this cheap (as it's much better), I think it would be a great idea and would reduce the amount of illegal downloads of the software. Anything priced around £10 would be reasonable considering the Football Manager series games are essentially 'upgrades'.

Regards

SI have said that the FM10 game will be availavble to download via Steam, although no mention has been made of the price. There is little doubt in my mind that the pricing structure will be similiar to last years but you will need to wait till the demo is released for confirmation. Seeing what changes are in the pipeline for FM10, it is unlikley that SI will see their game as "essentially upgrades", so I am not sure that they will agree with your pricing suggestion.

Pricing structure will be the same, CM10 is cheap because its trying to claw back consumers. I played the demo and it's no where near as good as FM09, let alone what FM10 i hope will offer. i will still pay £30 for the best Football manager game out there, then chose CM because its cheaper. Most of the public on this server, im guessing, would agree.

When Steam first announced fm10 in the states, I thought i saw the price listed as $29.99... and then it went up to $39.99 a few days later, matching last year's price and the expected price.

At least I thought I saw this. It's more than plausible that I'm just so poor I have vivid dreams of getting 10 bucks off the new FM :D

Archived