Have you ever had a surprising takeover?

So I'm in the 2nd season of a new career game. The only vacant job was at Rushden and Diamonds in the Blue Square Premier, so I naturally took it. The chairman was happy, the club was mid-table quality, and I had a fair wage budget and a 20k transfer budget. In the first season I was dancing around the play-offs, but ended up falling down to 13th due to a losing streak a the end of the season. This season I'm equal 2nd, just two points behind the championship. I was happy with how things were going...

Then suddenly, I was even happier:

fm09_takeover129.jpgfm09takeover.jpg

To be honest, I think I'd be hard pressed to spend $37m in the blue square. I definitely wont be unhappy if the club does get taken over though! Quite a nice Christmas present.

Has anyone else been gifted with a nice little unexpected take over like this? I'd love to hear some stories.

When I played with Westerlo(Belgium first league), there was a foreign investor who wanted to buy the club for €5m, and invest €45m in transfer budget

But the deal went off, and the club was sold to a poor Belgian guy who hadn't got any money for transfer..

I sure would have liked the 45m budget though :p

Has your transfer budget changed already? I had a takeover and it took a while, but as the transfer window is approaching it might be quicker for you.

And don't worry about your balance, the chairman will always keep it at a certain level even though your given transfer and wage budget would usually caus eyour balance to bust if you spent it entirely.

Have fun :) I always dreamt of being at a LL club with a tycoon chairman :cool:

Has your transfer budget changed already? I had a takeover and it took a while, but as the transfer window is approaching it might be quicker for you.

And don't worry about your balance, the chairman will always keep it at a certain level even though your given transfer and wage budget would usually caus eyour balance to bust if you spent it entirely.

Have fun :) I always dreamt of being at a LL club with a tycoon chairman :cool:

I requested transfer funds, and they immediately gave me 5.5m to play with, as well as bumping up my wage budget. I was 3k/week over, now I'm 5k/week under.

I decided to throw caution to the wind and send offers in for a bunch of CCC standard players. I got rejected by a bunch, but managed to snag this U21 dutch defender worth 3.9m. I also picked up a North Ireland international 23 year old striker who claimed that he'd, "teach the Rushden fans about real football", that this move would "revitalize his career", and that I should "build the squad around him" :eek:. I've also thrown in an offer for a talented 17yr old defender at Manure for 1.3m. On top of that I'm trying to sign another player that I've had on loan all season from WBA.

If I don't manage to get promoted this season, I wan't to concede nothing next season!

I'd love to be in your position. I don't want a Man City game, however I'd love a game where I'm in lower league football and someone randomly buys the club and invests loads of money. I've never actually had a takeover happen in 2009, can anything be done editor-wise to prod the game into making this happen?

I'm holding out for something like this next season. With about 7 games left of my my third season, my Rushden are sitting 2nd in League 1 after back-to-back promotions via being champions in the blue square and league 2.

I'm only a point behind and i've the league leaders away in a couple of weeks. All this with no money since my first season.

I want a tycoon for the championship!

Gee, nice work Spart. You're doing a lot better than I am. Who needs a tycoon?!

I think the main contributing factor to me getting a tycoon, was the fact that I drove the club into severe debt after my first season and a half. I signed a lot of expensive players, and drained the coffers of the club. The chairman was losing too much cash for his liking so he put it up for sale. Luckily a tycoon was interested!

edit: Just nabbed promotion to League 2 by 3 points (although I had +6 goal difference on the runner up).

i dont think you can influence one. i know pre first patch there were tons and tons of takeover and fm toned it down a bit. i think if you edit the owners stats in data editor you can. theres a list of chairman options that says buisness interference patience and resources. but i dunno if you change these if it will force a transfer quicker

Just after FM09 was released, I remember most of us Newcastle fans were having lame takeovers by Derek Llambias. However, there was one member on here who had an investor and was given massive amounts to spend. I think it was literally hundreds of millions.

Just thought I'd share that. I'm still jealous.

Archived