Anybody got a new stadium with AFC Wimbledon?

Just wonder where it's located, Kingston or Wimbledon?

As far as I know, the stadium location plays an important role in FM, then when we are going to build a new stadium, whether the location is just "copied" from the original one, or we got some "hidden" filed, say the dons comes from Wimbledon, and the new stadium should be built there.

I got a new 13, 000 seater stadium, which started to be built in 2012 (finished in 2013) when I had just got into the Championship. Now it's 26, 360 and I've just won the quadruple (FA Cup/League Cup/Prem/Champions League) in 2017 (not including community shield from the beginning of this season), including retaining the Prem for a second year in a row :) but it's maxed out and won't expand anymore. It's located in Kingston Upon Thames.

Well considering that AFC dons nicked kingstonians ground in the first place... ;).

But since i'm guessing it's based on geographical location of where the clubs ground is located anyway it seems right that it's built in kingston.

I had a similar issue with FC United of Manchester and a new stadium.

FC United ground share Gigg Lane with Bury, so in the game they get described as a Bury based football club instead of a Manchester based club. The offices for the club are based in Manchester and I believe that should they get their own stadium, they want to move to Manchester.

When I finally got a new stadium, it was based in Bury and we continued to be described as a Bury based football club :(

I'm afraid Maidstone is/will be the same way with Sittingbourne...

Maidstone now play their home games at Ashford Town now but it is a issue, where clubs are based.

I think Sittingbourne will struggle without Maidstone's rent coming in!

Yes, I'm a Sittingbourne fan. :D

Thank you for your replies!

Just like someone (can't remember his/her name, sorry :p) in the forum said, "the stadium location plays an important role". It is probably realistic considering the community based nature for English clubs, but “No rule without an exception”,AFC Wimbledon is a Wimbledon based club, and FC United is a Manchester based club, obviously.

Once they got the resource to build a new stadium, Wimbledon & Manchester should be first choice, right?

(Sorry for my English)

That should be the case but it could be hard to implement

It would mean another field in the club's database record. While it may seem relatively easy to add a field, it would also mean having to change the database, and possibly, the references to it. That could be an immense job...

Does anyone know what Rotherham are classed as in the game, as they currently play at The Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield? Has anyone had them move back to Rotherham yet, as I believe the FA/Football League have instructed them they must within a few years?

Archived