The Official General Discussion Member Of The Quarter - April - August

We never had one in June as was stated for the last one, so I thought that I would take it upon myself to make one from April till now, to see if anyone else in GD can take the prestigious member of the quarter from the current holder, Jod123.

I am hoping that this is alright with the mods, as is written below, "The thread has been discussed by the General Discussion mods and they feel it is a way to help create a sense of community"

If you wish to relive some memories of the first GDMOTQ shortlisting, then click here

If you wish to relive some memories of the first GDMOTQ final voting, then click here

Below is an edited copy (by me to make it relevant to now) of the original and first GDMOTQ post containing rules etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will give everyone a chance to recognise and thank the General Discussion member who they think has brought the most to the forum in the last 5 months.

It can be the most helpful member, the member who has come up with the best suggestions, most interesting threads, anything that you think has added to your enjoyment of the General Discussion forum. However, you must provide a relevant reason for your nominee and, when possible, a link to a relevant thread or threads.

The Rules:

- Members who receive an infraction or warning within the 5 month period are not eligible to become Member Of The Quarter.

- Continuous breaking of forum rules, within this thread, and the member will be banned from nomination and their votes ignored.

- This thread is for nominating ONLY, no discussion about the thread itself.

- Removal of posts and said consequences will be at a moderators discretion.

- Please ignore posts which are not for nominations. We don't want this topic being de-railed. Augumentative/pointless posts will be deleted so responding to them is a waste of time.

- You can not vote for yourself :p

- Your vote should be based on the members conduct in General Discussion only.

- You can nominate more than one person but make all nominations sensible. If you vote for more than one, it will give us a bit more variety. We don't want just a two horse race!

- The thread has been discussed by the General Discussion mods and they feel it is a way to help create a sense of community

A separate closed poll will be created in the final weeks of each quarter and the ten nominees with most votes will be put forward for Member Of The Quarter.

Happy voting :thup:

I haven't been on here as much as before but anytime I do come on, I always notice ahmufcwafc been as helpful as ever. His work on the FM Wiki is brilliant, along with arsenal_2111 and other members here who have a put in a lot of effort as well It is unrecognisable from when I was involved and has improved immensely. So I vote for both - ahmufcwafc and arsenal_2111. :thup:

Minor thing: in the rules it says "last four months". But the title of the thread is April-August (five months) and a Quarter is three months. Either way, it's wrong :D

Edit: More nominations for variety:

Neji- an excellent moderator, but more importantly an excellent user. He's been consistantly an excellent poster since I joined, and one of the reasons I've stuck around (well, initially). He acts just like a regular user too.

dafuge- likewise, was one of the users I considered really inspiring when I joined. He's also a great moderator and always happy to help. He contributes great amounts to conversations.

Cougar- always gets involved with threads. Grounded and down to Earth. Very under-rated IMO.

golfpunk- another under-rated user. I've only noticed him recently, but he's an outstanding poster. A future moderator.

Elrithal- best newcomer IMO. Has established a strong rapport with several users on here. He has helped to fill the hole left by the absence of such users as Ched and Nomis07.

footynut- his contribution to the tactical thread was outstanding, with great ideas about marking systems and other things.

I'm leaving out the obvious ones like Peter, Alan (ahmufcwafc), Jammy (Arsenal_2111), C, and the other one who's name escapes me... ;)

Oh, and I should mention CrashOverride, who will probably be missed out because of his username change. I'm not going to nominate him myself as I've already done a lot, but I'd like to remind people of his presence.

Minor thing: in the rules it says "last four months". But the title of the thread is April-August (five months) and a Quarter is three months. Either way, it's wrong :D

Edit: More nominations for variety:

Neji- an excellent moderator, but more importantly an excellent user. He's been consistantly an excellent poster since I joined, and one of the reasons I've stuck around (well, initially). He acts just like a regular user too.

dafuge- likewise, was one of the users I considered really inspiring when I joined. He's also a great moderator and always happy to help. He contributes great amounts to conversations.

Cougar- always gets involved with threads. Grounded and down to Earth. Very under-rated IMO.

golfpunk- another under-rated user. I've only noticed him recently, but he's an outstanding poster. A future moderator.

Elrithal- best newcomer IMO. Has established a strong rapport with several users on here. He has helped to fill the hole left by the absence of such users as Ched and Nomis07.

footynut- his contribution to the tactical thread was outstanding, with great ideas about marking systems and other things.

I'm leaving out the obvious ones like Peter, Alan (ahmufcwafc), Jammy (Arsenal_2111), C, and the other one who's name escapes me... ;)

Oh, and I should mention CrashOverride, who will probably be missed out because of his username change. I'm not going to nominate him myself as I've already done a lot, but I'd like to remind people of his presence.

:(:D I will change it but I can't change the title, and it can't be changed to the official general discussion member of the 5/12's.

Good nominations BTW, and who was CrashOverride before?

If I actually nominated who I wanted to nominate the lsit would be way too long.

Go for it, there is no restrictions on how many people you nominate, as long as you have valid reasons for nominating them and are not just nominating at random :thup:

Can you nominate a mod?

Yes.

Elrithral, Chopper and Crouchaldinho get nominations from me.

Elrithral's humour bring fun to the board. Chopper isn't afraid to say what he thinks, I like his honesty. Crouchy always starts very interesting and well thought out threads and jeeps them going by ingaging debate.

Three very different users, all equally important to this place in my humble opinion.

I appreciate the mentions but I don't think I have done anywhere near as much as some of the other people who have been mentioned in this thread and know I wouldn't get the votes.

As others have said people with warnings were excluded from the nominations last time (I should know :() and I think its only fair that the same criteria should be applied this time.

Good to see Jod still alive as well! :)

Go for it, there is no restrictions on how many people you nominate, as long as you have valid reasons for nominating them and are not just nominating at random :thup:

AcidBurn - Very helpful and active in a number of areas of the forums, not just GD.

dafuge - Cracking moderator and gets involved a lot more than the others. I've enjoyed a few debates with him recently and he's helped me get into GD.

Crouchaldinho - Don't really need to explain that one, do I?

SuperBladesman - He's not voerly active in GD, but his work in the TT&F thread helped put a number of minds at ease.

I'd have to say dafuge for his constantly excellent moderating, interesting points of view and all round helpful posts. Also, Crouchaldinho for his helpfulness, very interesting points of view and great threads which always prove to be interesting reads.

I'd like to add a name that no-one else has mentioned.

Ceching You Out

I've seen a lot of posts from this user in the last few days and have been consistantly impressed by them. Seems to bring a lot to discussions and posts in a clear and constructive manner.

Bravo!

Archived