To where should I be able to move?

Just a quick question to managers with more experience of moving clubs.

I started a career game at Brondby and want to work my way up to the top from there.

I started with professional footballer experience. In the first season I managed to win the Danish double and got knocked out in the first knock-out stage (the one after the group stage) in the UEFA Cup. My reputation rose to 'continental' after winning the league.

What do you think (or what experience do you have) about my chances to be offered a job at a better club (which category about) now?

My reputation should bring me some offers but I assume being at the lowest end of the continental reputation.

I would really appreciate some advice or experience as I don't want to screw up with my board after making hopeless applications.

Cheers :)

I think your chances of a bigger club are quite good. Keep an eye on the job centre or the news screen for situations vacant. If you have been sucessful then you will probably be linked with any job that becomes available and the club will aproach you to see if you are interested in joining them.

Well, Hannover was available but I didn't apply as I hope being able to get a better team for a move. Unfortunately there were no other interesting options open during the summer break, so I'll have to wait until some time during the next season.

I wonder, and my question is, at what kind of level I may hope to get a new job. Maybe Hannover would already have been out of reach? Or just the level I would get now? Then maybe I should try and repeat my national success and not move before my reputation has risen a bit more.

I started in Indonesia and moved to Blue Square North. Got promoted to League 2 and then was offered a League 1 job. Did O.K and was offered Championship job. Went to Ireland after being annoyed by performances. Took a job after two seasons in the Blue Square Premier with a club with a tycoon. Gained promotion to League 1 after a few seasons and my reputation went to continental for some reason.

I have now been offered low end jobs in the Premiership - Stoke, Reading and Spurs (they are doing really badly).

So my guess is that your best bet is you might get offered jobs in the lower end of the better divisions if its just gone to a continental. However if you get to the same stage of the European competition again you should get some better job offers.

I started in Indonesia and moved to Blue Square North. Got promoted to League 2 and then was offered a League 1 job. Did O.K and was offered Championship job. Went to Ireland after being annoyed by performances. Took a job after two seasons in the Blue Square Premier with a club with a tycoon. Gained promotion to League 1 after a few seasons and my reputation went to continental for some reason.

I have now been offered low end jobs in the Premiership - Stoke, Reading and Spurs (they are doing really badly).

So my guess is that your best bet is you might get offered jobs in the lower end of the better divisions if its just gone to a continental. However if you get to the same stage of the European competition again you should get some better job offers.

Cheers :) I'd be delighted to get Spurs but I guess they'll need a round of bad years before considering me with my current reputation.

I just reached the group stage of the Champions League :cool: and P5 W5 so far in the lague.

Though Real, Bayern and Dynamo Kiev will probably not see me progressing to the next round, maybe I can reach the 3rd place.

Archived