Applying for jobs with other clubs

One thing I've noticed is that when applying for jobs at other clubs, your current club ALWAYS find out (and they're never happy). I'm almost certain that it used to be roughly 50/50 as to whether they'd find out or not. How do they find out every time? It's extremely unrealistic. If a manager were to apply for a job at another club there's almost no way it'd get out due to data protection laws and whatnot. It's not as if you apply publicly.

Besides, if it were to come out, there would surely be some occurrences where the club would (understandably) disappointed but would either support you in your decision (if you're the manager of Blyth Spartans and you're linked with the Man Utd job or something) or even come back to you with an offer of a renewed contract (more money, larger transfer/wage budget, asking you what they can do to make staying more attractive).

For me, this ruins the game somewhat as I can never apply for a job at another club. I have to either resign from my position first (risky), wait for them to offer me the job without having applied (unlikely) or be pretty bloody damn sure they're going to accept my application (again, risky).

Any chance of this being reviewed in the future?

It needs to be fixed but I found out if you ignore the options when questioned about it, you wont get sacked. If you answer, you always get sacked.

Theres should be a 5-10% chance of it getting out, even then you should be able to deny it (like Holloway did at Plymouth and left a few days later) but perhaps if that happens, you should be put on the disliked list.

Its stupid being sacked for applying for a job a division or 2 higher.

I agree. It's one of my main concern, because it's a huge element of the game. It needs to be smoother: if a club wants you, they should approach you in mid-season (if there's time, of course this doesn't apply for emergency sackings and things like that), and there should be more room for planning (i.e. future transfers, being able to influence decisions) in those 6 months before you take charge. And, of course, it shouldn't be made public, except during the last bits of the season and maybe once in a while you could have the media find out about this "secret" deal and blowing your season at the previous club.

Archived