New War Child UK single - OUT NOW

• SI Staff

What happens if you take the Killers song "All These Things That I've Done", give it to top UK record producer Fraser T Smith to re-work, and get the UK's hottest soul, hip hop and grime talent together in a studio for a day?

The answer is at http://www.youtube.com/user/warchilduk#play/uploads/0/3Pdc_Ov0qX8, and is really rather good. And all in aid of War Child.

• SI Staff
The intro sounds good ... cant wait for october the 19th now :)

I was honoured to be in the studio for the afternoon of the recording session. Whilst not my normal genre of music, I was amazed how talented these kids are, including some that I'd previously dismissed (like Dappy from N-Dubz, who really knows his stuff musically, which surprised me.). No one had heard the version of the track until the morning, yet all was done in one day, including the raps being written on the fly, and most doing their parts in a couple of takes.

I'll wager that this is going to be a rather big hit...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not my type of music.. Never really a big fan of N-Dubz or VV Brown etc.. But damn, how awesome was that!?

Not only did it have my girlfriend (Pixie Lott ;) ) in it, but the way it was remixed was fantastic! I love The Killers just as much as the next guy, but this was something different..something great.

Hope it's successful :)

EDIT: Woo! My 100th post :D

Archived