CM10 - Some Nice Touches

Just downloaded and played the Championship Manager 10 Demo to see what the competition to FM are doing, and i was suitably impressed with a number of nice touches.

The Match Engine is pretty authentic with some very good animations.

Goalkeepers throw the ball out for example, Strikers when they miss a shot or freekick have their hands on their heads, the team celebrate a goal by waving their hands around etc and run towards the crowd.

Not keen on the Interface i think it leaves a lot to be desired, when your playing a match for example and you have it on highlights, you get this screen overlay which is horrible.

Players also get a nice bar showing their percentage of fitness, green for ok, amber for average and red for low fitness.

Its the player animations that really stand out though, i'd like to see FM make big strides with the match engine this year, if it can surpass CM's offering, its going to be outstanding.

Watching the match in CM10 was very very entertaining with the new animations.

During team talks also, they've broken it down into three sections, defense, midfield and attack, along with individual players. Your team talk can be Calm, Angry or Passionate, you can Fire up players, Encourage or Praise.

Its nice to be able to praise the defence and criticise the attack rather than set it on individual players, this is a very nice and well thought out addition.

I've only played it for a short while but there are some nice touches here, really hope to see similar in FM10.

Anyone else tried the demo?

all these things great ...but come to important thing which is AI is very pooooor in cm10

Well i haven't played it enough to judge the AI. Doesn't mean they havent implemented certain features well.

I certainly wont be buying it, anything that advertises a "Pay What You Want For The Game" marketing ploy is pretty poor.

Theres a perceived quality with price.

Still the animations on the match engine are very good, the team talk being broken down is nice, having the 7th tier of english football is good, and the variation in team talks available is good too.

Archived