Integrating Media interaction and Press Conferences

This is a refinement that I think would really work well in FM. At the moment the various media modules in the game have grown quite large and they all function independently of each other. Wouldn't it be a good idea if they were all combined together in the best place - the press conferences?

This will have a twofold benefit: 1:- It will give press conferences much more variety and interest, and 2:- It will give the manager control over the direction of the press conference - instead of just answering "I agree" or "I don't agree" to media questions the manager could drive the press conferences himself. For example:-

Think about options like Manager Mind Games and how neatly they would fit into the Press Conferences. The "Next Opponent" comments should be used in the pre-match conferences and the "Previous Opponent" comments should be used in the post-match conferences. And then there are all the other media interaction features like releasing media stories about players, criticising referees, etc, that could all be collected here.

This idea seems to me a very logical way to improve how media interaction works in the game, and an ideal way to add "polish" to FM10. Someone please consider this idea and tell me what you think.

Archived