Hall Of Fame Details Lost On Re-Install

Hi. This is my first post so I'm sorry if this has ended up in the wrong section but..

I am playing FM09 with the latest patch on my pc.

I've played every season through to 2046 and had myself proudly at the top of the hall of fame.

I just had to reformat my pc and reinstalled fm09. I kept all the original folders and easily managed to reload my game with tactics but somehow i'm no longer on the hall of fame.

Instead I've been replaced by some random unemployed mananger that previously didnt exist.

any ideas how this has happened?

hmm.. the opposite has happened to me.. I wanted to start a new game and didn't want my name to appear twice in the 'Hall of Fame'.. so, I uninstalled the game and re-insatalled it again.. unfortunately, I was sitting there smiling =\

i think in 2008 there was a file for the hall of fame that kept the records..

You sure you kept your application data?

hmm.. the opposite has happened to me.. I wanted to start a new game and didn't want my name to appear twice in the 'Hall of Fame'.. so, I uninstalled the game and re-insatalled it again.. unfortunately, I was sitting there smiling =\

i think in 2008 there was a file for the hall of fame that kept the records..

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Football Manager 2009\hall_of_fame.dat

Delete that.

Hi. This is my first post so I'm sorry if this has ended up in the wrong section but..

I am playing FM09 with the latest patch on my pc.

I've played every season through to 2046 and had myself proudly at the top of the hall of fame.

I just had to reformat my pc and reinstalled fm09. I kept all the original folders and easily managed to reload my game with tactics but somehow i'm no longer on the hall of fame.

Instead I've been replaced by some random unemployed mananger that previously didnt exist.

any ideas how this has happened?

The hall_of_fame.dat file (which contains all the games hall of fame data) lives in: c:/shared documents/sports interactive (on XP). It's a seperate file to your saved game in a seperate folder. If you've formatted but not backed this file up (which you clearly haven't) its gone forever i'm afraid.

I always make a copy of mine as soon as i win a new trophy, that way if i ever do reinstall Windows or move my game to another PC i wont lose the hall of fame achievments. I learnt this the hard way like you.

I do wish though it could be included somehow in the saved game file, would be so much easier. There have been loads of threads like this and no doubt there will be loads more whilst the file that contains the hall of fame data resides in a different location to the rest of the game.

Archived