Backroom staff join my resignation

After spending 4168 days as Everton manager winning 17 cups and 3 league titles I decided I've won everything there is to win and stepped down.

Decided to take upon a new challenge not sure what though yet.

However I didn't even know that when you resign, the staff you have kept hold of for so long join you?

7 of my backroom staff have joined me in resigning from Everton and it described it as a Mass Exodus, has anyone else had this?

Yeah, one of the features of FM09 was that you would form "stronger" relationships with your backroom staff. I resigned from At.Madrid as a test of what would happen, and 18 members of the backroom staff resigned along with me, it was also described as a Mass Exodus.

If my thinking is correct, should you join another club they will probably join you as you've built up a rapport with them.

Not yet happened on me in FM 09 in 2012 with Chelsea after winning shitloads of cups with them, when I decided to experiment with the ultimatum. In FM 08 though, about 3 - 5 of my staff left the club when I was sacked following my ultimatum :D

There should be an option for this not to happen, eg a pop up menu when you're resigning to quit with you or not. Because sometimes when you resign from a team you don't necessarily want to destroy them to the point you take all the staff who could/would help the club to continue progress. I mean I have 53 backroom staffmembers, 30 or so of whom have been with me for 10 or more years, and I have been contemplating taking up another challenge, if the majority of those left with me then the club would have been ravaged by what had helped developing players, finding players etc over the years.

There should be an option for this not to happen, eg a pop up menu when you're resigning to quit with you or not. Because sometimes when you resign from a team you don't necessarily want to destroy them to the point you take all the staff who could/would help the club to continue progress. I mean I have 53 backroom staffmembers, 30 or so of whom have been with me for 10 or more years, and I have been contemplating taking up another challenge, if the majority of those left with me then the club would have been ravaged by what had helped developing players, finding players etc over the years.

Backroom staff don't seem that important to the AI, only the manager and maybe a couple decent scouts make any real difference on overall team performance. Plus it's not down to the departing manager to tell his staff what to do with their careers while he wanders off to pastures new.

Backroom staff don't seem that important to the AI, only the manager and maybe a couple decent scouts make any real difference on overall team performance. Plus it's not down to the departing manager to tell his staff what to do with their careers while he wanders off to pastures new.

True as it may be, it usually seems they all leave with you in the same way as if you were sacked - because you're on bad terms with the club. Scouts do seem to make quite a difference to the AI, I've looked at this for some time now - on my game Buxton have had a scout with 20 JPA and 20 JPP and they're doing really well. Wycombe got up from league 1 to the premiership with a scout with the same stats. Obviously there is more to it, but I think the club having 20 of the best scouts on the game, is more beneficial than having 2 or 3 lol.

Archived