Undersoil Heating?

• Administrators

Hi.

Having gotten Port Vale to the Premiership, I have expanded the stadium to as much as the council will allow (typical Stoke-on-Trent!).

But anyway, having survived my first season in the top flight, I have noticed that I am still yet to have undersoil heating, which I thought was a requirement for the top division?

Any thoughts/ideas? I can't ask for undersoil heating so I imagine I will get it with a new ground or automatically, possibly in the close season.

Believe it or not, its not actually an "official" requirement, most stadia in the premiership just have the facility installed as most of the stadiums have either undergone renovations or had completely new grounds built, take my home Sunderlands Stadium of Light for example, one of the best stadia in Europe.

Usually the initial cost of installing under-soil heating far outweighs the financial impact of having to postpone a match due to bad weather, and the administrative headache that goes with it, 49,000 unhappy fans for example.

The under-soil heating system isn't perfect though, I remember years ago, Bolton Wanderers the Reebok Stadium, Newcastle Uniteds St James' Park and Blackburn Rovers Ewood Park all had the facility installed but they still ended up covered in snow and the matches were abandoned.

You'll probably get it should you be moved to a new stadium, If it becomes a problem with loads of matches being postponed load up FM RTE and add it as a feature to your ground.

Might see something in FM10 where the Board of your club will be more conscious of the stadia should you be promoted from lower leagues to the premiership.

• Administrators

xPoSiTiV3x - Stadium of Light has a 5 star UEFA rating, only one of 5 in England. So yes, it is one of the best. No need to get all anti-Mackem now, not what this thread is about.

Undersoil heating isn't really needed for my club, since I've not had a game called off. But I figured it was more of a natural progression in club/stadia development. Also there seems to be no space to improve the corporate facilities in the stadium - certainly these are two features clubs would at least look at if expansion was impossible?

And, I don't use editors. It would be far too tempting to just increase the capacity of the stadium or give myself money that way.

• Administrators

What's with all this club bashing?!

Anyway, since the topic of 'best stadia' came up, I found this on the internet:

26 Elite Stadia in Europe, of which Stadium of Light is one.

http://billsportsmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/elite-stadia-in-europe_2009.gif

FM doesn't take note of official requirements anyway. Example, Welling United and Ashford (Middlesex) (FM09) established L2 teams, still with starting stadi thus failing to meet the requirements of 5000 capacity with 2000 seated to play in the FL. Same with teams in the BSP having prolonged spells failing to meet grade A requirements of 4000 capacity and 500 seated.

On the other end, having earned enough money my chairman decided to build an undersoil heating in my stadium, BUT I'm managing Napoli in South Italy and the temperature hardly ever goes below zero and we never have snow.

So why do you, Mr. Chairman, spend my money for a such useless thing? :angry:

On the other end, having earned enough money my chairman decided to build an undersoil heating in my stadium, BUT I'm managing Napoli in South Italy and the temperature hardly ever goes below zero and we never have snow.

So why do you, Mr. Chairman, spend my money for a such useless thing? :angry:

To keep your bums warm on the bench?

Archived