international management

I have a question about weak to medium NTs. I'd like to get the Hungary job, but I've played two saves almost ten years into the game and Erwin Koeman never seems to get fired. And then I started thinking that I've never seen the managers of some countries, such as Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, Finland, even Bulgaria and Romania get fired. I'm playing with a small database, could that be the reason? Although that wouldn't really explain the Hungarian thing, because those leagues are running in my game.

Is there no other way to get the job than creating a manager and taking over?

If a teams expectations aren't all that high and the manager is young it is often very hard for a place to open up with international management. It would be better to look at countries with expectations of qualifying/doing well in tournaments who are middle of the road. In my saves Sweden tend to free up often, and Ireland are always free after world cup in 2010 (due to Trappatoni's age).

You do know that you can be Hungary whenever you want just click on new user then click on nations then click on Hungary, now you might already know this so I apoligise if you do I just thought I'd tell you just in case you didn't

Thanks, I know that, but I'd like my existing guy to get the job, not a new one. Also, the problem is that I'd specifically like the Hungarian job. I'm Hungarian and I'd love to try to finally get them to a major tournament. I've had other, better jobs, such as Cameroon, Ivory Coast and Turkey, but they're not my home teams.

I suppose I could make a new guy, retire him immediately and then apply, but I don't really like to do that sort of thing.

Archived