Rivalries

I think the answer is basically no.

However, I did the same thing and created a team. am in 2017 season now and went for a player who was at hull city and he wouldn't come to me as he wasn't prepared to leave hull for their local rivals. i hadn't set any rivalries and on the information screen it says none. So not properly no but I got turned down because of it so i'm not sure.

Say you're a title challenger, and there is a club who is very close to you near the end of a season, they should be rivals with you. If you are in a relegation battle, a rivalry. Struggles over a fantastic player, a rivalry. Things like this need to be developed.

i've been saying for a while that this needs to be introduced somehow.

i believe the easiest way to do so would be simply to ask you if you want to add a certain team as rival. Maybe after they've knocked you out of a cup for the 3rd time, or you've finished close together over a few years.

Some people might go nuts and add heaps of clubs as rivals, but this would screw them over as players from those teams won't move to them and the games would always be harder.

Archived