International goals - rather unrealistic

While reading the thread about how players don't seem to get picked for their international teams despite their being patently good enough, I remembered another slight gripe I have about internationals.

Although I currently don't have my game to hand as I am away from home and so can't provide the screenshots, in my game, Rooney in 2014 has now got almost 70 goals for England, at over 1 a game, and I have noticed this for several other star strikers. This just wouldn't happen in real life, (well ok, Rooney has score 10 in his last 7 or something, but unlikely to carry on at that pace) so why does it happen in the game?

Would like thoughts on why you think it happens and how it could be fixed.

While reading the thread about how players don't seem to get picked for their international teams despite their being patently good enough, I remembered another slight gripe I have about internationals.

Although I currently don't have my game to hand as I am away from home and so can't provide the screenshots, in my game, Rooney in 2014 has now got almost 70 goals for England, at over 1 a game, and I have noticed this for several other star strikers. This just wouldn't happen in real life, (well ok, Rooney has score 10 in his last 7 or something, but unlikely to carry on at that pace) so why does it happen in the game?

Would like thoughts on why you think it happens and how it could be fixed.

Erm if you look at this link you will see that quiet a few strikers have a prolific goals scoring record for there countries mate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

I know, but I was thinking about players like Torres for Spain, Rooney for England who aren't exactly goal scoring machines for their countries, yet in the game, they score at more than a goal a game

Impirion we meet again hmm

anyway in international matches they play even better because they are playing for their country where they ate,born and rode they 1st bike in ect

But that's not true in most cases, due to factors like not knowing their teammates as well, slightly different tactical systems they aren't as used to and arguably higher quality opposition on average.

In any case, Rooney is nowhere near a goal a game currently for England, so why does he become so in game?

But that's not true in most cases, due to factors like not knowing their teammates as well, slightly different tactical systems they aren't as used to and arguably higher quality opposition on average.

In any case, Rooney is nowhere near a goal a game currently for England, so why does he become so in game?

mate if Torres scores 30 goals this season in premier does he have to in FM 09 ?

There was a Swiss striker in one of my saves whos Swiss international career ended up as 101 caps - 108 goals... for Switzerland

He is retired on mine now, but should be on their (Switzerlands) recored page if anyone wanted to see it!?

(well ok, Rooney has score 10 in his last 7 or something, but unlikely to carry on at that pace)

Answered your own question there. Who knows how well he is going to do? At the moment, he is consistently England's best player and getting goals. So obviously in some player's games he is going to score a lot, in others he won't.

Answered your own question there. Who knows how well he is going to do? At the moment, he is consistently England's best player and getting goals. So obviously in some player's games he is going to score a lot, in others he won't.

Scoring a goal a game? Not a single player of modern times in europe or south america has that kind of record.

let's use this link again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

All players that are close to 1 goal a game over entire career are either playing in weaker competitions (north america/asia qualifiers) or are retired long ago.

Scoring a goal a game? Not a single player of modern times in europe or south america has that kind of record.

let's use this link again.

All players that are close to 1 goal a game over entire career are either playing in weaker competitions (north america/asia qualifiers) or are retired long ago.

You have possibly the most common sense I have seen from anyone ever on these forums. How could nobody else see what you put before you did? Well done sir! Your point is spot on :thup:

Did you register just to ask that?! Your first and only post!

Many thanks!!!:) No I've been registered for a short time. Been playin the cm/fm series for years now but only recently discovered this forum. I can spend ages reading these quality threads!!! Now the first post is out of the way, maybe many more will follow.....:D

Archived