More news items

One of the problems with FM in my opinion is when I load other countries I still feel isolated from the rest of the world its like managing in a bubble. I woul love to get some more information through my news section than what is currently available.

1. I load Spain and Italy along with England where I mostly manage I have a really fast PC and could load more but I like it to run quick. So I would love to recieve a round up of the other leagues I have loaded, just a simple list of results with the scorers underneath.

2. I would like to see who has finished top scorer in the different leagues along with who won their player of the year.

3. If Steven Gerrard retires I would like to know even if I dont manage Liverpool, it would be great to get a news item along the lines of England and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard will hang up his boots at the end of the season and has stated he would like to stay in the game as a coach and eventually move onto management.

4. I would like to know when the Milan derby is coming up or El Classico so I can attend.

5. It would be good to now if another teams moves to a new stadium.

I know this imformation can be got anyway but I would like it if there were loads of options to tick and untick depending on if I am interested. The game could start as it is now and it would be up to the manager to add the news items he wants to recieve in his inbox. Its either this or maybe some sort of internet page that displays and overview of all the different league and provides news on the big fixtures in world football and stories on players retiring.

I guess I am just a bit lazy and want the imformation put right in front of me lol.

1. I think that's four clicks to get there: World -> [nation] -> [league] -> Results & Fixtures

2. Three clicks: World -> [nation] -> Season Summary

3. If he's on your shortlist, it'll let you know

4. Do you actually watch matches you don't participate in? Crazy...

5. Why? Seems like a bit of a pointless novelty knowing that, especially since it happens so rarely...

Yea, I know what you mean. A huge list of different things you'd like to come up in News would be prettu useless though. I just think they should bring back the recent transfers item, considering United seem to sell Rooney to Madrid for 25m and replace him with some nobody... I want to know who that nobody is!

Well they've made an announcement regarding this haven't they For FM 2010?

I quote:

"The delivery of information to the manager has been refined with users now able to sign up to the News Centre, an in-game subscription based newspaper that lets you get the news that you want about the football world and filter out the stories that you do not need, making the football world as immersive as you want it to be."

Well they've made an announcement regarding this haven't they For FM 2010?

I quote:

"The delivery of information to the manager has been refined with users now able to sign up to the News Centre, an in-game subscription based newspaper that lets you get the news that you want about the football world and filter out the stories that you do not need, making the football world as immersive as you want it to be."

Seems like I will get what I want, hopefully.

Archived