Stats vs current ability

I have a question...

I need a lone striker who can hold up the ball as i play a 451 defendive type formation. I prefer my players to have v high teamwork and workrate (as they are up there on their own).

My problem is that all the players that match my requirements my scouts don't rate.

How does current ability get reflected in the stats?

For example, a player with 200 CA will be great at everything in their position.

My player doesn't require everything - just the workrate and strength that a target man requires - how can this be refelected in the CA as that will reflect everything.

I'm not explaining it very well, but how does CA work in relation to certain key strengths that a target man require? i.e. i am not too interested in finishing as i have all my midfielders making forward runs, but CA is always low in the players that i look at.

A player can have high CA but still be awful or he can have low CA and still be great. If the players you are looking at have the attributes you're looking for (BTW, your scout doesn't know that those are the specific things you want him to be good at), I'd say go for one of them.

I think this is an area of scouting that can be reworked - for example, give your scout the usual stats etc but also be able to tell them to look for a player that can fill a certain role - big target man, fast target man, poacher, dropping deep forward etc.

Just now there is no way to tell and your scouts only judge the players against a generic forward template.

Archived