Championship Manager 2010

I have been an avid fan of FM/CM since CM 99, buying all and still owning most of the series, and even through last years... problems I am still looking to get this years FM.

But, I have to be honest I think CM are making great strides, I have always wanted 'Scenarios' such as saving luton, or saving Newcastle like shearer tried to, and it looks like this is what CM are going to do. You get 5 monthly updates to start from certain points, which I think could be a great idea, its something different.

Also, in this economic climate, there is a big difference between £30 and £2.51...

Although I will probably be buying FM10 still, at that price I might try a £2.51 version too?

My point is, anyone else think the Championship Manager series is improving possibly more than FM?

It may be improving, i don't know. Polishing a turd doesn't usually make it shine, it just spreads the mess out further and rubs it into the carpet.

After playing the CM demo i think they have a long, long way to go before they can even think about being a challenge to FM's product. SI are light years ahead.

The only hope they have is for SI to get complacent and the FM to lose it's way and i can't see that happening anytime soon.

Archived