I'm managing in Mexico, anything I should know?

Bored of playing the same English teams so fired up FM last night with several leagues loaded and upon hitting randomise I was chosen to manage Cruz Azul.

I've never managed in Mexico before, anything I need to know?

Cheers :)

The Primera División (First Division) is the highest level of Mexican football and consists of 18 clubs divided into three groups of six clubs each. Each calendar year is split into two short tournaments, the Apertura (Opening) and the Clausura (Closing). Each short tournament a club plays the other 17 clubs once, where the home team is switched depending on which short tournament is currently being played.

A new champion is crowned for each short tournament through a playoff system consisting of eight teams. The top two clubs in each group qualify directly to the Liguilla (playoffs), as well as the next two highest highest placed clubs, regardless of group. The clubs are arranged before each round so that the highest seeded team remaining always plays the lowest seed remaining. The clubs play a home and home series and whichever club has the better aggregate score advances. If the two clubs are tied after both legs in the quarterfinals and semifinals, the higher seed advances automatically. In the finals, if the two clubs are tied after both legs two 15 minute halves of extra time are added. If the clubs are still tied after extra time the champion is determined by "Kicks From the Penalty Mark" (FIFA LOTG - Procedures to Determine The Winner of A Match) .

One club is relegated to the Primera División A each year (two short tournaments). To determine the club to be relegated, the ratio of points to games is kept for each team. The club that has the worst points to games ratio over the previous three years (six short tournaments) is relegated to the Primera División A.

all yoou need to know is rules of league... in the league page or for more details read in wikipedia

transfer date( they will tell you)

date of league (they will tell you)

days of matchs(they will tell you)

cups(they will tell you)

and when i mean they i mean fm

The Primera División (First Division) is the highest level of Mexican football and consists of 18 clubs divided into three groups of six clubs each. Each calendar year is split into two short tournaments, the Apertura (Opening) and the Clausura (Closing). Each short tournament a club plays the other 17 clubs once, where the home team is switched depending on which short tournament is currently being played.

A new champion is crowned for each short tournament through a playoff system consisting of eight teams. The top two clubs in each group qualify directly to the Liguilla (playoffs), as well as the next two highest highest placed clubs, regardless of group. The clubs are arranged before each round so that the highest seeded team remaining always plays the lowest seed remaining. The clubs play a home and home series and whichever club has the better aggregate score advances. If the two clubs are tied after both legs in the quarterfinals and semifinals, the higher seed advances automatically. In the finals, if the two clubs are tied after both legs two 15 minute halves of extra time are added. If the clubs are still tied after extra time the champion is determined by "Kicks From the Penalty Mark" (FIFA LOTG - Procedures to Determine The Winner of A Match) .

One club is relegated to the Primera División A each year (two short tournaments). To determine the club to be relegated, the ratio of points to games is kept for each team. The club that has the worst points to games ratio over the previous three years (six short tournaments) is relegated to the Primera División A.

cheers :thup:

Archived