Help please!

hello everyone i just got a new macbook today as was looking forward to getting home and playing football manager 09 but so far no joy!ive scanned previous forums and tried a combination of things like downloading cross over and bootcamp and so far ive managed to download steam but when i go to load the game it says that football manager is performing some direct x thing for the 1st time but then after that nothing opens!any suggestions?!

If you already have the game then I am pretty sure you dont need steam since mac users dont need to authenticate. Do you currently have direct x installed or do you need to download and install it? Simply saying that FM is performing some direct x thing is not really helpful.

If you already have the game then I am pretty sure you dont need steam since mac users dont need to authenticate. Do you currently have direct x installed or do you need to download and install it? Simply saying that FM is performing some direct x thing is not really helpful.

im not able to download direct x, it does say its loading direct x for the 1st time use then just doesnt load.how else can i play fm without using steam?even when i insert the disc it automatically goes through steam

It sounds to me that you have not installed all your apple software updates... Ensure everything is up to date, that should give you the relevant direct x installation as well, that's all I needed to do on my macbook.

The macbook is an old one from about a year ago (white plastic) and it has never had any problems running FM09 from the DVD disc. I have never tried installing it from the internet/Steam.

Hope you can get it sorted soon bud...

It sounds to me that you have not installed all your apple software updates... Ensure everything is up to date, that should give you the relevant direct x installation as well, that's all I needed to do on my macbook.

The macbook is an old one from about a year ago (white plastic) and it has never had any problems running FM09 from the DVD disc. I have never tried installing it from the internet/Steam.

Hope you can get it sorted soon bud...

Thanks mate obviously like a kid again i just opened it up and tried to run it straight away.i would of thought all the updates would be all automatically updated tho?or is that something i have to do!i have the disc aswell so i will keep trying,its taken over my day so far!

Archived