Poll : Training as it stands

Create or leave as default/download  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Create or leave as default/download

• I create my own training schedules
    • I leave on default/general or download a training schedule (e.g. Tugs/Darkstarr etc.)

I am interested in to what the current FM playerbase thinks of training as it stands and who actually uses it themselves (i.e. makes there own set ups). My personal opinion is training needs an overhall to be more simplified and based on the abilities and preferences of your coaches, but I'd just like to gauge an overall opinion of the current set up before posting any leftfield ideas!

mate i got to tell you something ifyou download tug training for youth and full timers your players arrow will be up all the time and they performance will be high each month and they stats will increase good

I like to make my own, I have downloaded schedules in the past but never really noticed much difference to when I do my own. I agree that this part of the game needs to be slightly tweaked as it has not changed in years, I just hope that its not made too complicated if it is changed.

I like to make my own, I have downloaded schedules in the past but never really noticed much difference to when I do my own. I agree that this part of the game needs to be slightly tweaked as it has not changed in years, I just hope that its not made too complicated if it is changed.

Exactly, in the footballing world many manager's are moving further and further away from the grassroots side of training and stepping back to take on overview.

Surely if I have a player who I play as deep lying playmaker it should be obvious to the coaches how he should be trained. I think training should be more automated with much greater feedback (who has trained well in the buildup to the game, training bust ups, building on defensive/offensive partnerships).

I'd also like to size of the first team squad to have an impact on training quality. A first team squad of 30+ should not train as well as a squad of 22. This could also tie in with youth development (e.g. a "train with first team squad" option similar to "available for reserves" option). This would help the manager feel more involved in youth development outside of loaning and the ad-hoc sub appearance here and there.

mate i got to tell you something ifyou download tug training for youth and full timers your players arrow will be up all the time and they performance will be high each month and they stats will increase good

I know mate, and that's the problem surely. Things shouldn't be so simple. Don't get me wrong, I don't want it more complicated than it currently is, but I want it to be something that I'll look at more than just at game start and after a new signing.

Exactly, in the footballing world many manager's are moving further and further away from the grassroots side of training and stepping back to take on overview.

Surely if I have a player who I play as deep lying playmaker it should be obvious to the coaches how he should be trained. I think training should be more automated with much greater feedback (who has trained well in the buildup to the game, training bust ups, building on defensive/offensive partnerships).

I'd also like to size of the first team squad to have an impact on training quality. A first team squad of 30+ should not train as well as a squad of 22. This could also tie in with youth development (e.g. a "train with first team squad" option similar to "available for reserves" option). This would help the manager feel more involved in youth development outside of loaning and the ad-hoc sub appearance here and there.

A train with first team would be a great option for the young and upcoming stars you have in your team, could have psoitive and negative effects. Positive is obviously the effects that training with superstars can have but it could also backfire in a youngster feeling to starstuck and intimidated to train aswell as they normally do with players of their own age and ability.

This could also work to change a players attitude as I think they only change with tutoring. If a youngster is suddenly put up to train with the first team it could change them for the better by making them more professional or they could believe their own hype and become more arrogant and feel their ability means they dont have to try as hard.

Archived